Chapter 5: Feelings.

Martis' POV

A month later which felt like a week, I started to feel more comfortable living in the Moniyan Empire. Me and Aurelius started to get along pretty well. We went on a lot of adventures with the lightborns, it's actually fun hanging out with them, I'm still scared of Granger though, he could be intimidating sometimes... haha. They even made me forgot to... y'know, do my job. But that doesn't mean I'm on the light side, honestly... I don't know if I'm on Alice's side anymore. Every single time I find ways to kidnap the prince, something from my mind tells me to stop.

Maybe I keep getting easily distracted, I just have to gain more and more trust from them. So I could have more chances of finishing my job, Alice is waiting for me out there. It wouldn't hurt... right?

...

Why am I thinking about this?

I was just spacing out, blankly staring at my window until someone knocked on my bedroom door. Let me guess, Aurelius? To my surprise, it wasn't him, it was his sister, Silvanna, I wonder what she wants from me. "Hey Mart! You're a rockstar, right?" I nodded, "I was wondering if we could... start a party here, lots of people love hearing your music, is that alright?" I nodded again, I didn't care honestly. "Great! Would you like to start it at night time so you could have more time to prepare yourself?" "Mhm." I answered while drinking apple juice. This tastes like shit, but I couldn't complain, Aurelius gave it to me anyway. Silvanna gave me a quick wave of goodbye, but I closed the door immediately, didn't turn to see it. Guess the night's gonna be my time to shine, heh. I grabbed my electric guitar and started practicing new songs, this is going to be fun.

Aurelius' POV

I woke up and sat on my bed, exhausted, I couldn't sleep last night for some reason. I checked the time and it was 2:30 PM, damn I woke up really late... I guess I missed breakfast. There was a cup of tea and a bowl of cereal next to my bed, Silvanna probably gave me them, I should thank her later. I wanted to grab the tea when I suddenly heard loud noises next to my bedroom, accidentally spilling it all over the floor, oops. It sounded like heavy metal music, is Mart playing the guitar again? I wiped the floor, changed my outfit, and knocked on Martis' door. He opened it, asking me what I want. "What are you doing...?" I asked, yawning. "Oh sorry, did my uh... music woke you up?" Mart was about to put his guitar down but I stopped him, holding his hand. "I would like to see you practice." I gave him a crooked smile. "How about I teach you how to play this sick guitar?" He dragged me in, guess I have no choice. Not that I'm complaining, I really do enjoy his company. Mart taught me a lot of stuff about metal music, it was hard playing the guitar, but I had fun being with him! "So, are you trying to make a party?" I asked, "Yep, It was a bit obvious, eh?" He answered while looking through his closet. Since when did he have tons of clothes...? Lots of them were black, red, and blue, there were no light colors. "Ah I see, you're still at your edgy phase, aren't you?" I joked lamely, he turned his head to me, I thought he was going to be mad but... "Now now where did you get that idea from, Mr. Light?" He chuckled. "Well then, I'll see you later!" I left the room and waved goodbye, he did the same.

A few hours later, the party started. There were lots of people coming to the party, having fun while listening to music. I was just watching Martis playing the electric guitar with his band from far away. I could have gone alone but... Silvanna wanted me to be safe, worried that there would be abyssal demons here, so I was accompanied by Granger and her. I thought my sister knew that I'm strong enough, I can fight two people and win easily, hmph. Mart noticed me and gave me a quick smile. I blushed lightly and Granger was just staring at him with a scary look on his face like usual... "Brother, would you like some biscuits?" My sister offered me. I gladly accepted and took it, thanking her, the biscuits Silvanna make are always delicious! I continued watching Mart, enjoying his wonderful band.

Martis' POV

A few minutes later, I silently snuck out of the party and went into the garden without my band noticing me, they were too busy chatting. I sat down on the grass, thinking about... Aurelius. Why do I keep thinking about him? What's so special about him? I was just thinking when out of a sudden he taps my shoulder and I jumped a little. "Pfft, did I scare you?" He giggled at me and sat next to me. I lifted my head towards the sky, the stars were shining brightly, the moon was beautiful, it's peaceful out here. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" "...They're nice, I guess." I replied. Aurelius held my hand tightly and started... hugging me. I could feel him shivering from the cold... Holy fuck we're really close, my heart was racing, what is this feeling? Embarassme- No... not that. Love... maybe? No Mart, don't fucking you dare think of that shit. I hid my face in my hands, I didn't know what to do. I slowly put my hand gently on Aurelius' shoulder... he's just cold, that's all, Mart. How long are we gonna stay in this position? ...I wanted to say something sweet to him and lean onto his face, but... I'm not really good with words despite me being a song writer or shit. I checked my watch and it was almost midnight, damn that's late. I looked down and Aurelius was sleeping on my lap, his face is... cute. I carried him all the way to his bedroom and put him on his bed, I looked at him once again, "Goodnight, Aurelius." ...Eh, he couldn't hear me anyway. I put a blanket over him and left the room, turning the light off.

I threw myself into my bed, wondering what that night was. "...I missed the opportunity to ki-" I slapped myself, there's no way I could do that. I tried sleeping, but I keep thinking about him, he always make me smile every time I hang out with him... it feels like there are butterflies in my stomach.

....

...Shit. I caught feelings.