Harley's POV
I take my jacket off saying "need another guy?" Ham says "have the bat?" I show him the bat saying "yup" and he says "you're up then" and I drop my glove and Ham says "don't blink" throwing the ball to DeNunez and I say "Benny says he'll hit you but I'll actually follow through with it. I'm not new to this" and DeNunez pitches to me and I hit it and I run two of the bases before the ball gets into the infield and right to third base. I say "for the small arms you guys have, that was quick" and we chuckle and they keep going and I get to home plate when Ham bats. I say "been a while" and I play a couple rounds before Benny gets here when I get up to bat and I say "lets go, homeboy, I'm retiring" handing him the bat. I say "getting old out here" and he rolls his eyes and he says "you'll be fine" and I fall on the ground dramatically saying "no, I won't be." He rolls his eyes at me and Benny says "Yeah-yeah, get to" hitting the ball to him and I bite my lip, watching his arms flex lightly as he hits the ball. I watch him run as people get the ball into the infield and I smile as he gets home plate effortlessly and I say "slow down, buddy boy, I don't wanna get ran over today." He chuckles saying "call me when you do" and I say "I will" rolling my eyes and I bite my lip saying "get outta here" and he switches with my brother. I say "oh boy, here we go" rolling my eyes and he says "I'm gonna hit it and you can tell mom all about it for me" and I say "why would I?" Scott says "cause I'm better" and I say "I'm older" and he says "I'll live longer" and DeNunez pitches for him and I say "don't blink" and he hits it and I say "lets go, homeboy" and he runs two of the bases. He says "tell mom I'm off to the big leagues, loser!" I flip him off and Wendy Peffercorn walks in the entrance to the field and the game immediately stops and she sits next to me saying "thought I'd find you here" smiling and I say "hey" and she says "hey, do you play?" I say "yeah, you?" She says "men's sports, they don't let you try" looking at me and smiling and I say "I think you'd end up injuring them, it'd be all eyes on you" chuckling. She says "it's like that now, they look like dead fish" and I chuckle saying "they always look like that" and she says "must be a boring game then" and I say "you never know" us chuckling. They decide to just play pass so they don't give anyone injuries and I say "don't you have a job to do?" She says "not my day, tomorrow" and I wink at Squints cause I know he's listening and I say "how does that work? Like your schedule?" She says "every other day like this week it's Monday, Wednesday, Friday then next week it'll be Tuesday and Thursday and so on" and I nod saying "good to know" smiling and she says "do you wanna go out tonight?" I say "my mom wants me home for something tonight, I'm sorry" and she says "it's ok, don't worry about it" smiling. She says "I gotta get going, I'll see you later?" I say "sure" smiling and she kisses my cheek and walks off and I say "I lead her on, god I'm a dick" falling onto my side onto the ground.  Squints says "go out with her, I'll steal your girl later in life" and I say "boy, you can have her now, I wish you luck, nothing on her just not for me." Seems like these guys forgot about the kiss between Benny and I on the fourth and I bite my lip and Ham says "batter up" and Benny comes over saying "lets go, DeNunez, show me what you got." He makes an effortless home run and I stand up, grab my jacket and glove and Benny says "where you going?" Let's make a move. I say "going to get ready for a date" and he says "where you going for this?" I say "I don't know, they're supposed to pick me up at eight but I just wanna see them" biting my lip and briefly checking him out. I say "see you around" quietly and when I get home all the woman from the Roderiguez' kitchen are now in my kitchen, great. I say "hey" and mom says "hey, what's going on?" I say "taking a nap, the sun is tiring me out" yawning and she says "alright" and I say "actually can I talk to you for a second?" She says "yeah" and she mumbles "just a moment" and she gets up and we go into my room and I say "one of those chicks are his mom, he's not out, apparently both of his parents are nuts and are crazy religious. Were going out tonight, are they gonna be here at eight?" She says "shit, were probably gonna be here, yeah, what are you gonna do?" I say "I don't know, mom" and she says "well, he's going to go home now so he'll know she's not there when he gets there and we'll go from there, ok?" I say "ok" nodding and biting my lip and she leaves and I lay down for a nap.
Two hours later
I put a not sweaty tee shirt and tighter jeans than the ones from earlier on and I grab my jacket and I put my combat boots on and a belt then before I clasp my belt I tuck the front of my shirt then I clasp my belt then I leave my room to wait. A few of the women in the kitchen whistle as I fix my hair in the mirror on the wall just inside the kitchen and I nod at them and one of them says "who are you trying to impress?" I say "no one in particular, you gotta do stuff for yourself sometimes, ya know?" Say the 'deep' stuff and the women swoon, works most of the time.