49

Harley's POV
I say "I think our kid is back with her boy toy and they're in the kitchen" breathing unevenly and Benny says "how do you know?" I say "I can hear them, weirdo" and he pecks my lips saying "you're gorgeous" and I say "we have to get up I think" and we sit up, quickly shower together and we go out to the kitchen after we finish putting clothes on. He holds my hand as we go out out there but before we get in the kitchen I mumble "you sure?" He mumbles "what's this kid gonna do?" I say "that's true" quietly and we get to the kitchen and Benny nods at Isa and she nods back and she says "here's your money back" and she hands him the fifty back and he says "thank you very much, I'm going to need this" and I say "what for?" We laugh and he says "I need to buy the good wine so I get laid more often" and Luke says "are you sure that's how it works?" I say "when you're in your late twenties with teenagers, yes, it is" and we chuckle and Isa says "dad, I was talking to Ham today and he said you should get the band back together." Benny says "how were you talking to Ham today?" This kid says "thats my dad" and Benny says "and he didn't tell me, that bastard" and I say "get over yourself, we didn't tell your friends till like almost a month later" and he says "alright, fine." I say "I wouldn't mind seeing my mom if you want me to make some phone calls." Benny says "but I don't want to see my mom" and I say "you don't have to" squeezing his hand and he says "ok, lets do it" and I say "you talk to them, I'm going to make a couple phone calls" kissing his cheek. I call Squints first and he says "getting the band back together are we?" I say "sure are, Squints" and he says "I have news for y'all for when you get down here this weekend I'm guessing?" I say "yeah, this weekend works" and he says "awesome, Wendy and I aren't working this weekend, so maybe you two would wanna hang out or something" and I say "probably, yeah. Ok, I gotta go call Ham, you can get everyone, right?" Squints says "yeah, when can I not?" I say "true, I'll cya" and he says "bye" and we hang up and I call Ham putting it on speaker and he says "well, if it isn't the princess himself" and I smile saying "hi, Ham, heard you wanna get the band back together, were doing it this weekend." He says "alright, I'm gonna get a homer just for you" and I chuckle saying "ok, I'll believe it when I see it" and Ham says "that's fair, I'll see you" chuckling and I say "bye" and we hang up. I say "we're doing it, boys" and Benny says "you gonna hit?" I say "maybe, I don't know" and he says "you could show Ham up saying you'll get a homer before he will" and I say "maybe" us chuckling. I say "you think I could do better than him?" Benny says "depends on the day" and I blush saying "shut up" and he says "you're the one that took that the wrong way" and I say "I think you scarred this kid." He says "again, you took it the wrong way" and I say "I'll kill you" and we laugh and I go to pick up our room and I find hickeys all over my collarbone and shoulder and I say "Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, you're dead to me!" I hear him laughing with the kids and I roll my eyes saying "nope, you're dead, the dead don't talk, sir!" I go back out and Luke and Benny are talking about baseball bullshit and I say "girl, come with me" and Isa and I go to the living room and I quietly say "how'd you meet?" She says "at the park about a week ago" and I say "well, how'd it go today?" She says "good, he made the move" quietly and I say "hell yeah, thats how you do it, girlfriend" high fiving her and she says "it was perfect, I didn't have to do anything." I say "that move is really nerve wracking, I must say but if they stick around if you make a move, you have a winner." We chuckle and Benny says "no, if you can bat like that, you play like that, I know a guy who used to play like that and was almost as good as The Babe, they were friends even." The kid says "you're as good as Babe Ruth though" and Benny says "no way in hell, man, I'll never get there, kid, I don't want to be as good as or better than him, that would be a major loss for me if I was considered better than him." The kid says "but then you'd be better than anyone at the sport" and Benny says "for me, the game isn't about being the best or better than certain people, it's about playing the game for me and having fun, if you don't have fun, you aren't going to love it more than anything else. Sure, winning is nice but you wanna be happy winning, not wanting to win another one right after, if you play just so you can win and get famous or whatever, you shouldn't be playing" shrugging. The kid says "I guess you're right" nodding and I go into the kitchen saying "what are you two talking about?" Benny comes up to me saying "you look really good" checking me out and I raise an eyebrow at him and he pecks my lips saying "I love you" and I say "I love you too." I hold his hands saying "what are you doing later?" He mumbles "I'm doing you later if all goes well" sliding one of his hands into my back pocket and I slap him saying "I hate you" and he glares at me and I kiss him saying "I love you, baby" pecking his cheek and he mumbles "I deserved that, I love you too" him kissing me softly.