night skies and shooting stars

AN: I have no idea tf I got this idea from, you're welcome

yes, i got the music from that twilightxblue jay meme, no i am not sorry, it actually fits pretty well

PhanTommy/Gubbo? very pog

and i didn't use 'GhostInnit' bc one, very cliche, two, i like 'PhanTommy' bc of the play on words. shush, you won't change my mind.

sleep deprivation go brrrr

TW: Death (kind of?), ghosts, implied amnesia/dementia, fluff (to the people who have finished this oneshot: HAHA GET TROLLED YOU REALLY THOUGHT)

The night both him and Tommy became ghosts, Tubbo would never forget. 

He would never forget the soft swishes of the grasses around his ears, or the faint melody of a cricket, or the quiet buzzing of a bee drifting back to its hive. He would never forget the gentle breeze that graced his face, or how the tips of plants lightly tickled his cheeks. He would never forget the peaceful, content feeling in the night air, the comfort of his best friend's presence at his side, or the way he wanted time to just stop for eternity in that exact moment.

Sadly enough, everyone else thought he can't remember. Of course, several times he felt like he was one second away from just admitting the truth, but it's for the laughs and they have nothing else to do, so he would stay silent. After all, if they do reveal the fact that they don't actually have amnesia, everyone would just go back to treating them like they did before.

Now, Tubbo and Tommy—or, rather, Gubbo and PhanTommy—don't really want that, especially considering that's why they ran in the first place. I mean, who would want to go back to being forced into politics as a child, acting on polite fronts to people you can't trust, and enduring violent flashbacks and reliving the trauma of horrible incidents every other night?

Not them, obviously (Tom—PhanTommy likes to call out the fact that they are the only smart ones).

Still, it kind of hurts to see how everyone treats them differently, kinder, just because they're 'dead' (spoiler alert: they aren't). As if they didn't need someone to lean on when they were 'alive'.

Honestly, it doesn't really bug them as much as it would for anyone else. Tubbo had Tommy, and Tommy had Tubbo. And even now, Gubbo has PhanTommy, and PhanTommy has Gubbo. Just the two of them. Just the two of them, against the rest of the world.

That was one of the other reasons why they ran.

It was so obvious everyone around them were falling in shambles. Schlatt lost his morality, Quackity was being manipulated, Wilbur grew completely paranoid, and all Techno wanted was blood and anarchy. Everything was about politics, and land, and war. Everything was about L'Manburg and Pogtopia.

Whatever happened to the people? When did they stop choosing people, and started choosing nations? When did friends stop being friends, and enemies joined sides? When did family start killing one another?

One day, Tubbo had had enough of it.

He was constantly being pushed aside, forced to slave away for Schlatt, not even trusted by the people he was sacrificing everything for. He had to go through several wars, had to watch his friends get targeted and exiled and imprisoned and attacked. He had to watch Niki and Fundy, a pair almost as close as him and Tommy, turn on one another over a flag.