what to title

AN: sorry to disappoint, but this isnt an actual oneshot hahaha..

so ive been working on this plot idea (totally have a plotline tf you mean) ever since like... cough, summer, cough, and havent even written the first chapter yet, but i got bored and i needed to update this so here.

this is like, the first quarter or something, not really sure how long its actually gonna be, i just cut it off before the perspective switches so yeah. uh enjoy, i have no idea when the fanfic is actually gonna be posted but probably not until ive done like two chapters?? idk i like to have more written before starting a book, haha im rambling here you go shit i have two seconds fucking chinese school ruining my weekend

right yeah its a sci-fi/apocalypse/world is shit au have fun :]

TWs: explosions, bit of gore, injury, blood (i havent reread the chapter so lmk if i missed something)

Screams.

That's the first thing that registers in his mind when he comes to. Squeezing his eyes tighter closed, he tries to get a bearing on his surroundings, his enhanced hearing going crazy for some odd reason. He waits a few moments, scowling when the sounds just get louder and more disorientating.

Odd. Normally the implants would've sifted through and cleaned up the noise by now.

Groaning, he pushes himself up from where he'd been lying back-down on the floor. Blinking a few times, he sits in shocked silence, taking in the room.

The normally pristine and shining walls are covered with dark streaks of ash and soot, dust and grime spreading across every available surface. Instruments and equipment are strewn everywhere, more broken than not, and the entire back wall has been seemingly exploded, judging by the large smoking crater where it used to be and the large pieces of debris smashed into the furniture.

And the tubes—oh shit. The tubes.

His eyes widen even further, if possible, as he stares at the shattered remains of the once-grand and spotless cylinders of glass. Their supports, stuck on the ground and ceiling, are still standing, but the spaces in between are practically empty.

Standing up, he steps forward, nearly collapsing as his knees buckle, and stretches a hand towards his respective container, brushing fingers over the sharp cracks. His mouth opens and closes, fighting for words as he continues to process the state of his surroundings with a bewildered expression.

He looks to the other tubes stretched against the wall, all of them in similar conditions. The one closest to the far wall, the side of the room currently missing, is completely shredded, glass fragments doused over the floor. Crouching to investigate the pieces further, he freezes when he realizes most are coated with dark crimson.

Suddenly remembering about the others, he whips around quickly, standing back up and scanning for a sign of life. Spotting a streak of red, he hurries towards it, hoping the person's injuries aren't too gory. Peering over the top of a particularly large chunk of stone, he immediately bends over the side and hurls up an empty stomach.

Their entire upper left body is crushed under the debris, blood splattered all over the ground, and the rest of them is covered with thousands of tiny cuts, presumably from the glass. Taking a guess, he assumes they're the person from the first tube, the one who was destroyed.

Shoving a hand over his mouth, he turns and scrambles blindly for an exit, unable to keep the gory image from his head. He stumbles over the wreckage of the room and falls to the floor, gasping shakily as his arms tremble on either side of his head. Shivers wrack his frame, and his eyes blur in and out of focus as his heart pounds against his ribcage.