Three: Dove

Chapter Three:

Dove

I stared up at the bright blue sky, two birds chirping and flapping happily with one another. I was at peace, watching them circle one another. It was like they were made for each other.

For the first time in a while, I felt true peace.

I felt someone's hand snaked around me, and I didn't have to turn to know who it was. It was as if my heart and body knew like he was the other half of me. His stomach drew small circles around my tummy and a small giggle escaped my lips before I turned to look at him.

My everything. My husband. My savior. My other half; my Jian bird.

Gedeon was grinning down at me with a crooked smile as I gently grazed the scar on his eyebrows. Almost as if he knew what I was thinking, he thumbed at the scar on my shoulder. It reminded me of a happier time, back when there were no barriers between us via anything else.

"I've been looking everywhere for you," he murmured against my temples. "You scared me."

I choked back a sob at his words. I couldn't believe my ears, that he was here for me. I didn't know how long I had been trapped in the cellar, but it didn't matter. I was home. Gedeon was here to take away everything. I pressed his palm into my cheeks, my eyes boring into his. "Please don't leave me," I cried, shaking my head. The words tumbled out of my mouth in a frenzy. "I'm sorry for everything I've done. For lying to you. I was going to tell you, I—"

"I know," he said, cutting me off. His eyes reflected into his soul that he didn't harbor any sort of hate for what I've done. No, it was full of love and compassion. "I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to push you away like that. I was just angry. I was going to come back after everything. I love you, Dove. I love you so much. You are my other half."

I started to sob harder at his confession. I had longed to hear those words so badly, that our feeling for each other could conquer all hardship. It almost felt too good to be true. But I didn't care. All I cared about was his lips on mine, claiming me.

I feverishly clung to him, deepening our kiss. His kiss took away every single one of my worries. I wasn't sure if my mind was playing tricks on me, but I didn't care. The warm feeling of his skin against mine was so addicting. We broke away, panting as we clung to each other. "You are my everything,"

"I love you," I whispered, clinging onto his jacket. I was scared of letting go, like he would change his mind. His eyes found mine, and I wished I could swim in them.

"I love you, Dove," he replied with a genuine smile on his face. "I'm never going to let you go."

"Do you promise?"

He smiled down at me, cocking his head to the side. "Have I ever went down on any of my promises? You're mine, whether you like it or not. Do you have a problem?"

Demanding as usual, and yet, it gave me nothing but comfort as I smiled. "No, I don't."

He thumbed away the tears. "I'm going to take away all of your pain."

I choked back a sob again from his vow, tears still running down my face. "It's not possible," I disputed, lowering my eyes so he can't see the shame. I was damaged goods already before I came to him. Now, it was so much worse. "Robert...Robert—"

"I don't care. I'll make sure you will never feel like this again. I'll erase it all until you can only think about me. Until you understand your worth, how strong you are," he promises, kissing my tears away. "Until you know you're free from all restraints of life. Until there's nothing but me left in your mind. Would you want that?"