Battling Galabatorix

Previously:

"You think that's Percy?" Selina questioned anxiously. They were running out of time.

"Yeah, and Saphira and the others are not too far from here."

"That's lucky." Selina said in surprise.

"Is it though?" Ethan said dubiously.

"Let's just go," Selina grabbed the arms of both of the boys with her and dragged them towards the guards. "We need to get Percy there before they kill Galabatorix otherwise he will feel left out."

My mother, Blackjack and I were brought out of our game of Go-Fish when we heard a loud smash against the doors of the treasury.

"Don't worry, Percy, we'll get you out of there!" Was that Ethan? "Just as soon as we-hey! Watch where you put that thing. You could poke someone's eye out!"

"Ethan, that's Percy's magic keeping the doors shut," I think that one was Silena.

"How would I know? I've never been too good at magical signatures, you know that!"

"Ethan, you are an idiot," Silena said. "You should know Percy's at least, you're a Chaos warrior assigned to him!"

"You're lack of faith is unappreciated." Ethan said.

"That's not how the quote goes." Beckendorf's unmistakeable voice wafted through the doors in an amused tone.

"Shut up, Beckendorf."

I opened the doors in time for a black guard to come flying through. Unfortunately, I didn't step aside in time. I fell to the ground in an undignified heap.

My mom laughed along with Blackjack as I groaned and pushed the heavy, dead load off.

"Sorry, Perce." Beckendorf said sheepishly.

"Never mind that, Eragon got in battle mode right now. We need to go." I rushed. I'd been tracking when Eragon and his friends got into battle mode through my domains. It has been helpful in knowing how close they were. The fights have been getting more frequent recently.

We snuck into the room in time to hear Galabatorix say, "Did you really believe that I was ignorant of your ability, child? Did you really think you could render me helpless with such a petty, transparent trick? Oh, I have no doubt your words could harm me, but only if I hear them." He laughed. "Such folly. This is the extent of your plan? A girl who cannot speak unless I grant her leave, a spear more suited for hanging on a wall than carrying into battle and a collection of Elundarí half out of their minds with age? Tut-tut, I had thought better of you, Arya and you, Glaedr but then I suppose your emotions have clouded your reason since I used Murtagh to slay Oromis."

"You forgot about me," I growled. The way he dismissed Eragon's group was expected but he used the death of Oromis in such a way that grated on my patience. I also didn't like how he just..forgot about me. Did he think I would stay in the treasury indefinitely? I mean, I could. Would I?

Maybe.

"Ah, yes, the mysterious Dragon Rider from a far off land," Galabatorix's eyed my group and now he was apprehensive. "Impressive how you were able to trap me in your own mind but as you can see, it didn't last." He opened his arms wide smugly. "And how you got Kílf to trust you... that is indeed a significant feat. But you still have no hope of defeating me."

He knew so much about Eragon and the Varden but his knowledge of me and everyone that came with me is lacking to put it simply. I found it funny. So funny, I laughed out loud.