Roran Stronghammer

Previously:
"One more thing before we transport all of you there," Lachesis said with a strange gleam in her eye that made me nervous.

"What?" I asked warily.

"You are going to be a Dragon Rider," she answered. "Your dragon will be Blackjack."

"What?" both Blackjack and I asked in surprise.

They didn't answer as they waved their hands and we were suddenly in a forest and Blackjack was a huge black dragon with his spikes along his back and the tips of his wings being a stunning pure white. I felt a sharp sting on my hand and looked down to see a strange silver symbol on the palm of my hand and then I blacked out.

Coming back into consciousness hurt. The only time that ever happened was if I was with a certain cousin named-

"Thalia," I groaned, "can you not shock me awake after you knock me out? My godly body can only take so much."

A dragon like snort came from the edge of the clearing. Boss, I was watching, you knocked yourself out, he said. How about you stop messing around so we can figure out where we need to go?

Thalia jumped a little. "I still find it weird that I can hear the pegasus now," she muttered.

"Dragon, Thalia," I said. "Might as well get use to it since that's what he looks like."

And my name is Blackjack, thank you very much. The offended dragon snorted, smoke coming out of his nostrils and stuck his head in the air.

We had been in Alagaësia for a few weeks already, hanging around the forest we were deposited at, like the Fates told us to. None of us felt like it was the right thing to do to leave now anyways. There was a large city a ways away from the edge of the forest and I went in alone just because I was the only one who could change their physical appearance.

Seeing how the guards dressed as well as those who were coming and going, I changed my clothes to match that of their style. A simple white tunic and a leather jacket and leggings. I had Riptide hanging on a belt at my side, extended in it's weapon form.

While in Narda, as it was apparently called, I grabbed some clothes I thought Thalia wouldn't mind wearing with the coins my sisters had given us before we left. The women here seemed to still be in the mindset to wear long dresses but I knew Thalia wouldn't like it if I came back with just that so I got some leggings. I figured she could trick the skirt up to be in a more comfortable style.

I got back to my cousin-well, more of my great grand niece- arguing with my pegasus.

I mean dragon.

"You can't just do that, Blackjack, what if someone sees you?" I heard Thalia scold.

I need to stretch my wings, Blackjack said.

"That's not why you were faced towards the city," Thalia said. "You were going after Percy."

He's the only one who can get me doughnuts, Black jack defended indignantly.

"Blackjack, you know how things are here," I said as I stepped into the clearing where we'd set up camp. Sadly, I had not been allowed to bring my hunt's standard tents so we had special ones given to us by the Fates. Something about dimensional barriers or something.

They really were not all that special, it was a normal canvas tent used in the old days. Drafty at night and stuffy during the heat of the day.

But boss, I couldn't feel the bond. Blackjack and I have been feeling a mental bond more intimate and stronger than anything either of us had felt before. Stronger, even, than my connection to my domains. I wasn't sure how I felt about that but Blackjack loved it. Now he could read my thoughts as well as I his.