Mother

Previously:
"Is she gone?" Thalia asked from inside. This jolted me back to my senses and I reentered my tent. "Can we talk now?"

"Yes, Thalia," I sighed again, sitting on my chair.

"Good," she pushed herself up to sit properly. "Are we staying?"

"That was blunt," I snorted, making her roll her eyes.

"No, how long are we staying?" She asked seriously. "Until Eragon figures himself out? Until the war ends? Until things settle after the war?"

"I don't know," I answered truthfully. "I guess we stay until we both feel it's time to go home."

The long awaited explanation for Percy's mom is here at last! Sorry to keep ya'll waiting on it.

"Percy, Percy, Percy, Percy, Percy, Percy. PERCY!"

"What?" I woke only to find that I was still asleep. I was standing...floating in space with my father and grandfather-floating-in front of me.

"Finally! You know, son, you should answer when I call you the first time," Chaos admonished.

"I'm trying to sleep!" I retorted grumpily.

"You don't need to sleep!" My father exclaimed. "You are a primordial!"

"Sleep is life!" I yelled back. I don't know why he's arguing about this, he sleeps a lot too.

"Boys!" Void shouted, effectively cutting us both off. "You would think you two were still 1000!"

"I am 1000 centuries old!" I replied, instinctively knowing that primordial count in centuries rather than years since they live so long.

"Percy," Chaos snapped, "don't talk to your grandfather that way."

"Chaos," Void said with a sigh, rubbing the space between his eyes.

"Sorry," my dad muttered to the both us sheepishly. "I'm a little nervous."

"Nervous?" I was confused now. "Dad, why are you nervous?"

"Tell him," Void said in the same tone as before.

Chaos suddenly looked as nervous as he felt. He wrung his hands together and looked everywhere but at me. "Can you do it?" He asked Void quietly.

Now I was worried. My father hasn't been this nervous about anything since he told me my true parentage. "Dad?"

"Chaos," Void said firmly. "Tell him. He deserves to know."

"Wefinallyfoundyourmotherbutshe'sbeingheldcaptivebyGalbatorix," Chaos said rapidly with his eyes tightly shut.

Now, normally, I wouldn't understand a thing he said but not only have I done that before several times but Leo and Will do it too. I speak this language I call 'fluent.' Even so, it took me a minute to understand what my father said.

"Wha-mom?" I took a stumbling step backwards.

"Yes, her name is Kílf," Chaos said, slower now that the bomb was dropped. "She is the dwarves' goddess of water. She is part of this universe you are in but I came across it by accident." Chaos' eyes were looking off into the nothingness around us. His shinning gold rimmed blue eyes were filled with longing and agonizing loss. "We fell in love but she was being hunted because of it. We had hidden from everyone but they were close to finding us. She told me to take you and go in case she was caught. It would be better if I was there to keep you safe."