7 : Home

Calla

"That's not what it costs!" He breathes out and I smile at him.

"Sir you've ordered a latte and two cookies," I remind him putting a slight pressure on the and. He narrows his eyes.

"I didn't know the fucking latte costs four dollars," he curses.

"What about this, the latte is on the house and you just pay for the cookies?" I give him a smile and he rolls his eyes.

"Okay."

He pays and I give him his order.

"Hey Calla, you're free to go honey," miss Amana yells from the back and I take my apron off.

"Hey, I'm new here," a guy says taking on a apron with his name tag.

Benjamin.

"Hey Benjamin, you'll do a great job here it's easy" I laugh and he gives me a smile.

"God your cute," he chuckles and I look away.

Just get me out of this conversation.

"Thank you," I nod smiling.

"I don't know how to do shit here, I lied in the interview," he laughs awkwardly scratching the back if his head.

I giggle, "I'll teach you."

"Really?" He says excited his whole face lightning up.

"Yeah come on," I smile taking my apron back on walking to the coffee machine.

"Okay so this is the coffee machine as you can see," I explain.

"Pretty big for a coffee machine," he says looking at it.

"It's for the effect," I smirk and he chuckles.

"Okay, so there's buttons and besides these buttons are the type of coffees," I scan my fingers against the buttons and the names.

He hums and I go on walking to the syrups, "here are the syrups and they tell which one they one."

As I go on I realize it's pretty late and we have to close.

"Hey Calla," Benjamin says as I take my stuff I turn my head to him, "thanks."

"Anytime," I smile.

Before you ask how about your date.

I went and waited for about a hour and he didn't show up.

Plus his number says it's not in use or something.

Weird I know.

I look at the time and my eyes bulge.

Shit.

five hours ago I should've been at Ace's.

My phone died when I got to work so I couldn't check it and no one has a spare charger.

Mental note keep one in the back.

I arrive at Ace's knocking at the door.

He opens the door, a unemotional less look on his face.

He doesn't say anything but he walks to the kitchen, sitting down at the counter.

He takes a sip of his drink.

"Where the fuck where you?" He says calmly, yet venom dripping from his voice.

"I totally forgot the time, I'm so sorry," I say generally and he hums, taking a sip from his bourbon.