14 : Lie

Calla

"And tadah," I make jazz hands towards the delicious pancakes I just made and he just glares at me not even taking a glance and the delicious food in front of him.

"Who did that to you?" He says low and I blow raspberry's.

So not appreciative.

"You're giving me an headache," I rub my temples and he grips my wrist, snatching my hand away from my face.

"Be careful or you'll touch your bruises, they're still healing" he scolds and I smile up at him.

I can't tell him.

"Cute," I coo, pinching his cheeks and he just rolls his eyes.

"Ella you have to tell me okay?" He stands up, making him tower over me even more as cups my cheek.

"You know I'm not going to," I whisper and he pulls away, throwing his head back groaning before taking his keys.

"Stay here or go home, I'm going out," he says cold, taking his jacket on, going out the front door and I stand there with a frown.

Oh.

I don't wanna go home.

Dads gonna be there.

Sudden tears of frustration takes over my vision and I sniff turning around to the food.

He didn't even touch the pancakes.

He probably doesn't want me here that's why he left.

I gather my things and clean the dishes before taking my shoes on and jacket.

I walk back home since I don't have any money on me.

Freaking long walk.

I finally reach my front door, seeing it unlocked since I didn't lock is yesterday and meaning dads still home.

I sigh pushing the door open locking it behind me.

"Make me some food!" Dads voice booms and I mutter a yes, quickly going to the kitchen and I hear him yell bad words at me.

Make it stop.

I make him some omelette placing it in front of him and he gives me a mocking smile.

I hurry to my room and suddenly I'm glad there's school tomorrow.

I take my pajamas on it just being one of Ace's huge shirt and some shorts.

"Calla," Dad suddenly yells and I flinch before I hurrying to him.

"Yes?" I look down, not daring to make eye contact with the man I call dad.

He sighs, "you know I don't like onions you little shit!" He yells and I hear the clear anger.

This isn't gonna end well.

"I-I forget I'll-"

His hands goes around my neck, cutting my breath fast, my brain not being able to follow.

My hands shot up to his, trying to claw them away from me, failing miserably.

I'm so weak compared to him. I'm useless.

"You forget?" He laughs before squeezing harder and I make a choking sound.

This is gonna leave a ugly bruise.

He suddenly returns his hands to his own, making me finally getting air as I fall limp, coughing.

"Get the fuck up and go to your room slut," he kicks my stomach making me hiss as I still am trying to get my breath back.