chapter 9 : the past

it was three years ago when i met the haitani brothers and that was before tenjiku vs toman happened.

it all started when rindou saw me fighting a man that was sexually harassing a random girl on the street.

"what?! fight back! you were so fucking confident when you told me to fight you but look at you now!" my body was shaking from anger.

"don't you understand what no means?! no means no! she didn't want to come with you but you keep on forcing her!" i punched the random dude many times until he was bleeding.

i caught him forcing a girl to come with him, he even tried to take a picture under her skirt, and kept on touching her. i just can't stand by and do nothing! i hate it when the attention is on me but this boy needs to learn a lesson.

he even challenged me to fight but in the end he was the one who lose. i'm good at mixed martial arts because i grew up learning it because in this world you'll never be safe.

"p-please let this slide! i promise i won't do it again, i'm begging you!" let this slide? what the fuck is wrong with him?

"begging me?" i looked at him straight in the eye.

"yes! i'm begging you to let this slide!" he's now smiling, who does he think i am? an angel?

"then kneel." i glared at him, kneel in front of these people.

"what?" he looks dumbfounded.

"people that are begging should be on their knees. so, why aren't you kneeling?" he had no other choice but to follow what i said in the end.

the police came and took him, i'm glad that the girl is safe and she even thanked me. i just did what was right and people like him should just die.

"that was amazing!" i turned around to see a boy with braided hair and beside him was a boy who had blue and blond hair.

what the hell? is that anabelle and a character from my little pony?

"don't go just yet, we want to talk to you." i stopped at my tracks. i just hope this is gonna be interesting.

"what did you wanna talk about?" we were now in their so called hideout.

"you're good at fighting." the braided hair boy said.

"should i feel honored?" i sighed, why did i even agreed to talk with them in the first place?

"brother, we don't really need her. the two of us can rule roppongi even without her." the other boy looked frustrated.

brother? so they're siblings? they could just had matching hair.

"i know but she might be a good asset to us."

we exchanged introductions and talked about the things they said.

they wanted me to join them and rule roppongi. my skills might be a good asset to them that was what ran said and rindou looked like he didn't like me.

"what do i get in return?" i need money to survive.

"power and money." ran pulled out a paper and i'm guessing it's a contract.

i don't care about power because all i wanted is money. i need it, in order to live. money is everything in this world.

"i'll agree but i have some conditions of mine." i don't want to fight, i only fight when i know i'm in the right way.

1. my identity should be a secret.
2. i can get money whenever i want.
3. i'll be hiding from the shadows.
4. i won't fight.

"do you think we'll agree to this?!" rindou slammed his hands on the table.

"your brother was the one who told me to join you. so, why are you mad? as far as i know the two of you need me." i was about to leave but rindou stopped me.

in the end they agreed, rumors spread easily saying that haitani brothers and a mysterious girl ruled roppongi.

the three of us had ups and downs but throughout the process we actually became good friends. ran was like an older brother figure to me and rindou as my playmate.

in every fight that the haitani brothers are included gangs would always wait for the mysterious girl to show up but i never did.

ran and rindou stood at the spotlight but i was behind them. it was like ran is the heart, rindou is the body, and i was the brain.

but after years of ruling roppongi together i had to leave. i saved up all the money i got to prepare for this day. i treasured the friendship i had with them but everything comes to an end.

i lost the game that rindou and i played but i never told him. instead, i ran away far from him.

i looked for a place where i can live, a place where rindou's influence can't be reach, a place where no one can recognize me, and a place where i can start again.

that's why seeing them right now in front of me right after three years shocked me. why does it had to be in my flower shop? why? i thought i left everything behind.

"i'm sorry.. both of you are such important people to me but i just had to give up and leave some things for my dream."

those were the last words i said before leaving everything behind and they were sleeping on the couch.

i'm ashamed, people might think i'm such an awful person for leaving my friends just for my dream. they don't know how many times i failed, how many times i cried, and how many times i tried my best but it wasn't enough.

being with them was dangerous but i needed money that time that's why i endured it. people can say that i used them but it was a give and take relationship. why did i have to grow attached to these two?

i planned it ever since from the beginning that once i saved up the money i needed then i'll leave.

i'm sorry ran and rin, i hope you don't hate me.