chapter 20 : life and death

the room felt hot and it was surrounded by the noises sanzu and i made. sanzu is sitting on the chair and i'm on his lap as i wore my top that sanzu took off minutes ago.

"i'm going to save you, sanzu." i reached out for his long hair and slowly planted a kiss on it.

"there's no turning back, i'll be beheaded next week." sanzu hugged me tight. beheaded, that's a brutal death..

"i'm glad to see you for the last time, don't come visiting me for the next days. just continue to live.. don't forget me okay? if it's possible build a family because i know you wanted to have one. it's a shame that i'm not gonna marry you.." sanzu gave me peck on the lips.

i hid my face on the side of his neck, i don't want him to see me crying. i'll definitely save you, i'll do everything in my power.

the alarm was loud and police came in our room. they took sanzu away from me and he showed me his smile before getting dragged out. i adjusted at my seat inside the car and the haitani's showered me with questions.

"let's save sanzu, we have a week to do that and he's gonna get beheaded if we fail." i tied my hair in a ponytail as rindou gave me a bottle of water.

"we have a meeting this lunch, mikey told everyone to gather and build a plan. if you have plans don't hesitate to tell us." ran then drove to bonten's hideout.

everyone was gathered, even unfamiliar faces were sitting around the table. ran pulled out a chair for me and i gladly accepted it.

"the mission is to save sanzu, it's either we force him to come with us or knock him out." kakucho started, they were all looking at me waiting for my words.

"sanzu told me he's gonna get beheaded next week, from what i know there can be an audience that will witness his death." i started, i can show myself there and save sanzu but how?

"we can't come with you but if you're willing to go alone and execute our plan then let's try it." koko suggested, the plan was now all set.

i'll be coming as an audience to witness sanzu's death, before he's gonna get beheaded i'll make a scene that will distract anyone and as i ring ran's phone that will be the signal for them to all come in. let's hope this mission is gonna be successful.

"what did you and sanzu talked about?" mikey asked, his back is facing from us as he ate his food.

"personal matters, that's all." i fixed my shirt and adjusted on my sear.

"that's all? i don't think so." rindou was staring at my neck and i covered it with my hair. everyone in the room started laughing and teasing me. sanzu left a hickey!

everyone started playing around and i went to the balcony. i stopped on my tracks because mikey was there, it's the first time i saw him on the light. it was always dark when he'd around. before i can leave mikey started talking to me.

"sanzu really loves you, he tried his best to become a better person to you but some scars would still stay after a long time. he asked me before if he should just take you away or play a game with you. sanzu met up with me months ago, he told me if he still deserves you despite of how many bad things he's done." the wind was cold as it swept mikey's hair.

"i told him that no matter how bad he is, i know you'll still accept him because that's who you are. he was ready to risk his life for you to get a future that you deserve. after he saw you successful, sanzu thought that his work was done and surrendered himself to the police. i know deep inside he wanted to be with you but he decided not to be selfish."

"he's a friend of mine, someone important to me, he took care of me, and stayed loyal to me. i want to save him but no matter how many times i tried he'll always walk away. that's why i thought that maybe if y/n tried to talk to him he'll ask for help. the day i was going to tell you sanzu tried to kill me but instead he cried. sanzu told me he misses you, your hugs, your kisses, your voice, just everything about you."

"he chose to give up his future just for you, he was willing to kill the people that were a threat to you, he can sacrifice his life for you, and all of this happened because he chose to be selfless."

the tears that were running down my cheeks are being blown by the cold wind. he stayed silent for minutes and the next thing i knew mikey was crying.

"he can escape anytime because he's strong but he chooses to accept his death. what a fucking pain in the ass." mikey cursed, i remembered how he snapped the handcuffs without any hesitation.

"y/n, please save sanzu.." mikey smiled at me, his eyes look like he lost a lot of people already in his life.

"i promise you the plan will be a success, just trust me and i can bring back sanzu." after letting out those words, mikey pulled me into a hug.

his body feels cold just like the wind, my hands clenched on mikey's shirt as i looked at the sky. sanzu haruchiyo, i'll definitely save you..

my life is on the line, the place will be surrounded by police officers and if i make a mistake i'll die. it's a matter of life and death but that's okay. i wasn't the lady that ruled roppongi back then for nothing.