Episode 12: Time Marches Still

Eda jolted up. Right when she seemingly fell asleep, too...

Things have been hard the past few weeks. The stress and anxiety of Luz and Kings' kidnapping kept everyone on edge. Eda was so worried that had she closed her eyes for even a second, they would be gone.

She had really thought she lost the two most important people in her life then. And it had tore her down.

She had been holding onto the two like her life depended on it. She knew it didn't, but fear overtook her a lot of the time.

Lilith had started to play a prominent role in Eda's life. Eda had small panic attacks now-a-days, so to overcome them, Lilith had to be there.

Eda groggily reached for the crowphone, picking it up and placing it to her twitching ear. The morning light from outside peered through her window, shining on her squinting eyes.

"Edalyn! Good morning, dear. How are you?" Gwen said on the phone.

"Tired." Eda answered nonchalantly, yawning as she glanced to her side. Luz and King was curled up at the side of the nest. Luz was mumbling in her sleep, and King was snoring peacefully.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you?"

"Kinda. I haven't slept the best these couple of weeks. You heard of what happened, right?"

"Yes! It was all over the news!"

"Yeah... something about coven leader betraying the emperor? I dunno. It was about Lilith, though."

"Simply tragic that the emperor is so cold hearted. I have some strong words for him."

"Yeah, I know. Hey, mom, what did you need again?"

"Oh! Me and your father are moving out of your childhood home."

"Oh?" Eda asked, slightly more awake, and definitely intrigued. "Why?"

"We're moving to the Skull! They say it's a great place to retire."

"The Skull? Mom - it, it's- isn't it a secluded area? And that's a far fly from the right arm, where, in case you forgot, IS WHERE WE LIVE!"

"I know, I know, dear! It's just... me and your father are getting older. I think it's time we settle down for a bit."

"But... we won't be able to visit you as much."

"I know. I think you, if not us, could make an exception on holiday's, though, right?"

"Y... Yeah, mom. What about our old home? You're really gonna just... sell it? That house has been standing since the beginning of the Clawthorne legacy! You aren't just... giving it up, right?"

"Of course not! What gives you that idea? We've just racked up enough snails to buy a new home! We aren't selling that house!"

"Oh, okayyy... so why does this involve me?"

"You remember when you and Lily buried a time capsule together? Well, I thought that maybe you two wanted to dig it up before the house is left vacant. Of course my sweetfleas are welcome there anytime, but - just a thought."

"Hm. I think that's a good idea. I totally forgot we buried that thing," Eda yawned and cracked her back. "But, first, I just need... a little more sleep."

"Perfect! Bring the grandkids. See you soon!"

"Mhm..." Eda hung up, letting herself fall back in the nest, as she finally closed her eyes once more.

━━━━━━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith hummed to herself, folding the last piece of laundry. She neatly tucked her old coven outfit into storage as she finalized her decision.