Episode 27: Fell For The Spell

It took a LONG time, but finally, here it is! Episode 27: Fell For The Spell

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Im gunna find a way to be a wich!" Luz shouted to herself determinedly. Eda snored lightly from the couch.

"Yeah, yeah. That's great and all, but please be quiet about it." King dismissed, waving his paw at Luz. He closed his eyes and stretched, curling into himself. The toddler giggled, heading to the closet.

"Wets see..." Luz muttered to herself, digging through a box. She glanced at a few objects then threw them behind her, hearing a small "weh!" from the couch. Luz glanced behind her for a quick moment to see King scurry off. Presumably, he had been hit by an object Luz had thrown behind her.

"Sowwy!" Luz yelled, getting a muffled response from the demon. She couldn't decipher what he had said, but it didn't matter anymore. Luz dug for a few more moments, before pulling out an old book on witch anatomy and held it to her chest. She giggled and shuffled out of the tight closet, making way to her room.

Once she was in the safety of her room, Luz plopped on her mini nest and crossed her legs. She opened that book to see a picture of a... red thing. Oh! Luz remembers this lesson faintly, Eda taught her before, but she couldn't quite remember. She did know, however, was that the red thing pictured before her was called a heart. And the green thing attached to it was called a bile sac.

Luz smiled, touching her chest where her heart and bile sac is. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she thought about her own heart pulsing, and her bile sac finally... activating? and allowing her to finally use magic, just like everyone else. Sure, she may be a human, but surely humans can do magic too, right? Surely, even humans have bile sacs.

Luz hadn't a way to find out if humans had bile sacs or not, so she was going to believe they did. At least for now.

Thunder cracked outside, causing the toddler to flinch. She looked out the window and her head lowered, but her eyes stared at the night sky. She took a deep breath and looked at the book again. She readied to turn the page, but just as she was about to...

The power cut out.

Luz yelped, before covering her mouth with her small hands. She was left in total darkness, all alone, with the thunder roaring just outside.

Luz took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down. She felt a lump in her throat as anxiety bubbled inside of her.

"E-Eda! King?" Luz cupped her hands over her mouth and shouted for her two caretakers. "Lily?" Luz finished, half-hoping Lilith had arrived home from grandma and grandpa's house.

But she knew she hadn't.

Finally, Luz stood up. Despite it being completely dark, Luz knew this house like the back of her hand, and therefore took a few steps forward, confident in finding Eda and her demon companion.

The toddler turned a corner, and was instantly met with King running into her. He yelped but leaped off the ground, grabbing Luz's arm and dragging her along with him, right back into her room.

"King!" Luz whisper-yelled. "W-what's happing?" Luz asked, her mouth being covered by King's paw. He hushed her as the bedroom door creaked open, and in walked Eda. Except it wasn't Eda. Well, it was, but Luz knew for sure this was the bad Eda!

Eda's cursed form crept into the room, growling. King scolded the owl beast, trying to drag Luz from the scene. Luz covered her mouth as tears pricked at her eyes, realizing there was no where to run.

Eda lunged forward and King screamed as Eda hit him away from Luz. King fell on his back and rolled to his stomach, reaching out for his younger sister.