Chapter 1

I woke up hitting my stupid alarm clock repeatedly. I got up from my bed shivering feeling the icy air against my skin. I grabbed a grey plaid skirt, a black tee shirt, and some fishnet tights. I threw on my clothes then brushed my hair.

I put some eyeliner on and quickly put on my black platform boots before heading out the door.

TIME SKIP

I walked into the girls bathroom to see Kate, Deena, and Simon? "What are we arguing about this time?" I teased. I looked over at Simon to see him looking me up and down. "These sick fucks are joking about the murders that happened at the mall." Deena spat.

"What? The dude was wearing a Halloween skull mask. How is that not fun?" Simon looked at me.

"Sorry but I'm on Deenas side on this. People died, Heather died." I looked at Kate who just rolled her eyes.

"The dude was probably just some sad sack who hated his life just like the rest of us. Except, he decided, 'Hey! Why don't I get out of here for good.' and, 'Hey, why don't I take Heather and a couple of other mall rats with me?' There's no angry dead witch who made him go postal, the only thing that made him go crazy was this town!" Deena ranted.

"You okay?" Kate asked. Deena scoffed quietly, "Yeah I'm fine."

"Wait what are you doing in here?" I looked at Simon. Simon walked up and pulled at box from the vent. "Candy store." Simon smirked.

"You know we don't actually believe in this witch shit, right?" Kate stated fixing her hair in the mirror.

"Woah speak for yourself." I said but apparently it went unheard. "It's just like a fucked up santa claus or something." Kate went back to leaning against the window. Simon was mocking Santa but going 'Ho, ho, ho!'

Deena handed Kate a decorated shoebox. "What's this?" Kate looked at the box. "I need you to give this to Sam tonight." Deena said.

"Yeah, uh-uh, no way."

"Come on, Kate."

"No way Deena. I am not getting mixed up in your ex drama. Do it yourself."

"Y/N?"

"Bitch who said I was even going, I'm not in band and I'm not a cheerleader why should I go?" I explained.

"How are you going to scold us for joking about it then not go?" Simon asked. "That's different." I exclaimed.

"Anyways, yes Kate is right do it yourself!" I said running a hand through my hair.

Deena let out a loud exaggerated groan. "I'm not going to the game, I quit band."

"Since when?" Kate looked at Deena like she was crazy. "Since who gives a shit!"

"Was band the only extra curricular you had left?" Kate took Deenas silence as a yes.

Kate walked towards Simon. "Well you still have your band uniform, right? Just wear that shit one last time." She took the white box from Simons hands.

"I've got something that'll give you the balls to face Sam." She opened the box giving Deena and I a peek inside.

"What? You're dealing again? Thought you stopped after this dingus's brother ODd." Deena asked shaking her head in disapprovement.

"Timothy?"

"Wh...uh...Timmy wasn't a real OD. He didn't actually die, they brought him back." Kate said very unreassuringly

Simon smiled at me before mimicking the defibrillator. "Ja-jing!" I let out a small laugh that seemed to make Simon smile even wider.

"You're both morons." Deena said sharply.

"Excuse me? Which one of us is valedictorian, again? President of every club this shithole has to offer." Kate remarked. "I'm getting out of here, off the claim my place among the stars, bitches." Kate finished smiling widely. We all walked out into the busy hallways.

Simon pulled me by the waist closer to him and out of the way of a yelling guy dragging a CPR dummy with a rope tied around it's neck and a knife in its chest. "Woo! Witch lives, long live Sarah Fier."

"Yeah!" Simon cheered. Simon took his hands off my waist quickly. "Sorry."

"Huh? Oh your fine." I smiled at him. "About tonight's ceremony." He looked down at me. "What about it?" I looked up at him. "Why don't you come? There always really boring and you know how to...spice things up!" I let out a laugh. "Spice things up? I will consider coming." I smiled at him walking into class as he waved me goodbye.

"What a dork!"