Chapter 4

Simon, Kate, Josh, Deena, and I walked into the hospital. Simon somehow ended up behind all of us. "Hey, slow down, lover boy!" Simon called after Josh, doing a small jump. Deena went up to the front desk and rung the bell. "Fill these out and take a seat."

"No, I'm just visiting." Deena explained. "Visiting hours end an nine." Kate walked up and said. "Tell Nurse Beddy she has a patient."

"Beddy. Long time, how you been?" Kate smiled. Beddy looked at Simon. "See you're still toting around with this moron." I snickered at this earning an elbow to my side from Simon. "She can't quit me, Beddy. I'm too pretty!" Simon mentioned. Beddy just scoffed.

"Listen, we need your assistance." Kate said. "I'm sure that you do, but there happens to be a new security protocol. We kept coming to short on blueberries and bananas. So now I need a special key--"

"I need to see a patient." Deena cut her off. Deena went with nurse Beddy to go see Sam leaving Simon, Kate, Josh, and I in the waiting room.

"Blueberries and bananas?" Josh asked puzzled. "Vicodin and Percocet." I answered dryly. "You what anything from the machine? I'm starving." Kate informed walking away.

We walked into the vending machine and Kate took a quick look to see what they had. "Yo, Si-money. Cash me." Kate stuck her hand out.

"Don't look at me, dude. I'm...I'm...I'm broke." Kate pointed her finger at me. "Nah Kate I just spent my paycheck like yesterday." Kate looked at Josh. "You got any change?"

"Oh, um..." Josh checked his pockets before walking up to the vending machine and punching in a ton of numbers and letters on the vending machine.

All the candy bars started falling from the vending machine. "What do you want?" Josh said cockily standing against the machine.

"Aww shit!" I grabbed three Crunch bars, three Twix bars, and two Milkyways. "Where'd you learn how do this?" Kate grabbed a candy bar from Josh's arms. "Oh, a lot of people trade hacks online."

Simon coughed before saying, "Nerd." Kate looked down. "Simon hush it before I stab you. Josh that really cool you will have tell me some more hacks sometime!" Josh just nodded. "I'm serious!" I said walking in front of Josh.

"Alright. So, um...when'd you get into the fruit business?" Josh asked. "What?" Kate asked in a clueless voice. "Um...The, uh... drugs."

"Oh, that's just temporary. Saving up to get out of here." Kate explained. Sam and Deena came running down the hallway. "RUN!" Deena yelled. "Did they get back together?" Simon asked.

Then the Skull Mask killer ran right past us. Kate let out a huge scream. Simon grabbed my arm pulling me. We ran past all the people in the waiting room. "Where are the keys? Do you have the keys?" Simon panicked. "No!" Josh answered.

"Where...where are the keys?" Simon held onto my hand. "Come on. The ambulance." I ran outside pulling Simon with me.

"DEENA! COME ON! DEENA!" Josh screamed for Deena. "Deena! Hurry up! Let's go!" I yelled. "Go!Go!" Deena ran out of the hospital and jumped into the ambulance.

"We have to go now!" "Hurry!"

"We should not be this close to the police station in a stolen ambulance." Josh spat. "We're hiding in plain sight." Kate said sharply. "Yeah, just like Bundy." Josh spoke up. Kate and Simon looked at him weirdly.

"Yes Bundy, when he was stalking his victims, I mean." Josh said sheepishly. "Okay, didn't he get caught though?" Kate asked slowly. "Well, no. Well, yeah but-"

"Figure this out. I'm gonna take a leak." Simon interrupted. "Y/N go with him." Kate said. "HUH?" I snapped my head around to face her.

"Come on we just got chased my a murder I don't think we should go anyway alone." Josh added. "UGH! I hate you so much Kate!"

I dragged my feet against the road as we walked to some random alley.