Chapter 8

"Camp Nightwing. Summer of '78. Group of campers, brutal massacre." Sam read out loud.

"There was one Shadyside survivor, C. Berman." Josh pointed out. "The still traumatized girl claims that amidst the carnage she saw the witch." Sam continued to read.

Simon was trying to block the door from getting axed open. "Be carful before you get an axe to your head." I said worried by the position he put himself in.

"Oh relax!" He said in a very unreassuring tone. "Yeah, just like you. So, if she survived, I'm pretty sure-" "There may be a way for me to live too."

Josh nodded. "I got it! C. Berman! 9006 Brennan Way. This has gotta be her!" I called looked up from the phone book I had been searching.

Deena grabbed the phone off the wall. "Uh, 155-4747." I watched as Deena dialed the number.

"No one's answering!"

"I need some help here!"

"No one's there!"

Kate and I stood up and ran towards the door to help Simon.

"Hello, my name is Deena Johnson. I think you saw the witch."

The axe went through the door right in front of Simons face. "What did I say?" I scolded him. "Love it's not really the time to be scolding me!" Simon scooted back away from the hole in the door.

"This shit is not gonna hold!" Simon yelled. "We need to know how you survived!" Deena went on still on the phone. Josh grabbed the phone. "Hey! We're being attacked, alright? There are killers here!"

The Nightwing Killer continued to axe the door getting awfully close to us. Nightwing grabbed onto Simons hair attempting to pull him up.

"Help!" I screamed. Josh stabbed Nightwings hand with something.

"The fucking rhyme!" Deena yelled. "She'll take your blood, she'll take your head! She'll follow you-" Simon recited.

Josh, Simon, Kate, and I continued to fight off the killer. Not being able to hear a single word that Deena and Sam were saying.

"What are you saying?" Kate asked. We all jumped out of the window and ran. I looked back to see Nightwing looking at us.

We all jumped into the ambulance. "Let's Timothy this bitch!"

TIME SKIP

We all walked into the grocery store Simon worked at. I went with Simon as he grabbed some pills to kill Sam.

"A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance. He was dead for two minutes. But..." Simon tapped his hands on the counter as a mini drum roll. "We for him back!"

"Kate... It's time for your close-up." Deena smirked. Kate started dumping out all of the pills. "You need to take these in order. Pile one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked my a unicorn. Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, okay? Pile three brings you down and out, so take that 'take five' or it's all gonna go to shit!" Simon instructed.

"How many of these do we have?" I asked holding EpiPens up. "Tons. Like a thousand." Simon answered. "Wait. EpiPens?" Deena asked. "Epinephrine, also know as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!" Simon passed Deena the EpiPens.

"Sam's blood marks the spot."

We wiped Sam's blood on our shirts while Deena and Josh gave each other a quick hug.

"Remember half an hour ago, when you wanted to murder me? You don't have to do this. You can leave." Sam said wrapping her hand in a wash cloth.

"Remember when you decide to sacrifice yourself for us? We're ending this together." Kate smiled.

"Die well, my friend." Simon grinned. "We got back door patrol." Simon and I started to walk away.

"Hey!" Kate walked up to Josh and kissed him. I stood next to Simon. "Ugh they're so romantic." I fake gagged. Simon laughed before looking down at.

"Hi." I said looking up at him.

"Hey." He said before pulling me into a kiss. "We have to go but I promise you can do that as much as you like when this is over." I grinned.

"I'll run interference up here with Josh." Kate said. Simon and I walked to the back of the store. "Okay. I got the stock room. You take emergency exit." Simon said his hands on my waist.

"Woah! No, no, no! Splitting up is not a good idea at all." I panicked. "But, darling, listen to me. I know that this is all fucked, but... we gotta do this. Listen... you're something else. In the best way possible someone like you shouldn't end up with someone like me. I have no clue what you see in me. I wouldn't be this far if it wasn't for you. Now we have to keep those psychos away from Sam. Now go... woman up, and check that exit." Simon removed his hands away from my waist.

"Simon what the fuck is wrong with you?" I laughed. He just turned around and shrugged.

"I- I love you!" I hesitated. "I love you to!" He called out.

I walked through the empty, quite isles. I reached the exit to find it locked up. "Fuck." I whispered.

I turned around to go back. The long, silent isle made my anxiety go through the roof.

I heard heavy foot steps so I slowly turned around. I heard screaming and the sound of flames.

"What is the fuck..." I thought. The Nightwing killer came after new slashing his axe about an inch in front of me. "SHIT!" I started running as if my life depended on it -it did- next thing I knew I heard screams.

Someone was screaming 'no'. I couldn't figure out who it was as I was knocking on deaths door.

Simon, Josh, and I finally got to meet up again. "Go! She's right behind me!" Simon screamed running away.

We all ran as fast as we could. "Hey, when his is all over I will give you some hacks. You asked when we were at the hospital." Josh said.

"Thanks." I said panting. We all stopped dead in out tracks. "Kate...no." I whimpered.

Josh and I looked at Simon and he looked back.

SLASH!

"NO!" I screamed. I went to run over to Simon. I felt Josh grabbed my wrist. "Y/N come on." Josh tried to pull me.

"No we can't just leave him." I said my bottom lip quivering as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"He's dead. I'm sorry." Josh whispered.

I felt a horrible pain in my side. I looked down. I had been stabbed. "Y/N." Josh looked where I had been stabbed.

I ripped away from the Skull Mask killer. Running next to Josh as fast as I could.

I gasped for air as I felt another stab go threw my back into my chest. I fell to the floor in agony. "Josh go help" I let out a shriek as another stab went into my chest. "Deena." I finished.

I tried to fight the Skull Mask Killer away but gave up. "Guess this proves I wouldn't survive in a horror movie." I smiled sheepishly.

I felt the smile that covered my face drop, my breath failing to continue in a even pattern, my vision went blurry then completely black.