Chapter 2

Please come!" Simon pleaded. "If you shut up I will consider going." Simon surprisingly stop talking. After about 15 minutes of watching Simon struggle to keep his mouth closed I decided I wasn't going to torture him any longer.

"Fine I will go." I rolled my eyes. "Yes!"

TIME SKIP

The Shadyside high school band members, football players, cheerleaders, and some Shadysides who wanted to pay there respects to the people who we're murders were on one side of the field while Sunnyvale high school football players and cheerleaders were on the other side.

"This isn't how I wanted to be here tonight. I wanted to be here as a fan. Our Sunnyvale Devils and your shadyside Witches throwing down some good old American football. Instead I find myself here as a husband, a father, as a neighbor, And, yes, mayor of Sunnyvale. And on behalf of all of the people in my town, I say all Sunnyvale mourns with you."

"Yeah, it really looks like they give a damn. The only Sunnyvalers who came were the ones who had to. The football team and the cheerleaders." Kate said sadly.

"Our hearts are broken with grief."

I watched as Deena walked away from the ceremony. I looked over to where Deena had been looking and saw Sam being real touchy with a Sunnyvaler.

I watched Sam run right after Deena.

"Shits about to go down." I thought to my myself.

The lights got turned off and Sheriff Nick started his speech.

"My family's been in Sunnyvale for generations and now my brother is mayor and I am your sheriff. We've prospered here. And yet, I've seen you, our neighbors in Shadyside, suffer tragedy after tragedy. It's easy in times like this to drown in the questions of why...Why this happened. But I know too well there are no answers that will provide relief. There's no peace found in the past. We must not fall into darkness. We must look to the light."

A Sunnyvaler scoffed "Yeah! What we should do is light a fuse and burn down Shittyside."

A Shadysider looked at him and asked. "What'd you say?"

"I SAID, it ain't a tragedy if it happens every week. It's a joke."

Sunnyvalers and Shadysiders started standing right in front of each other throwing insults back and forth like a group of fucking middle schoolers.

"Say that again, motherfucker!

Punches started being thrown. I ran through the crowd of people trying to find Simon.

"Y/N!" I turned around. "SIMON! Oh thank god your okay! Are you hurt? Did anyone hit you?" I bombarded Simon with questions.

"Y/N calm down I'm fine." He laughed. Sheriff Nick tried to stop the fight that was happening in the middle. It did not stop.

Simon ran over hitting a Sunnyvaler with his broom flipping him off.

"You little green prick! Come here, you little bitch! COME HERE!"

Without thinking I punch the Sunnyvaler right in the face surprisingly knocking him out.

Simon stood there gaping at me.
"What?" I panicked. "N-nothing that was just like really hot!"