Chapter 5

I was leaning against the wall my back facing Simon.

"You always hurt the one you love. The one you shouldn't hurt at all. You always take the sweetest rose and crush it still the petals fall." Simon and I walked towards a girl sitting on the floor singing.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"You always take..."

"Do...do you need help? What the..."

I stepped in front of Simon to see the girl. She pulled out a razor and sliced my leg. "OH WHAT THE FU-"

The girl hopped on top of me trying to stab me. I tried to fight her off. I somehow ended up on top of her. I felt her razor hit my throat. "Shit!"

Simon grabbed my waist pulling me off of her. We watched her run after us.

BANG BANG

I felt her blood hit my face. When she fell I saw Deena holding a gun up with Sam, Josh, and Kate behind her.

"Simon, Y/N, come on!" Simon and I ran towards everyone.

"Come on!" Kate grabbed my arm. "Go! Go! LET'S GO!" I instructed. I turned around and saw the girl getting back up with a smirk on her face.

"What in the fuck?"

"Come on!" Deena grabbed Sam pulling her away from the girl. "Sam! Come on! Run!" Simon yelled.

TIME SKIP

"It doesn't make sense. It's... it's not possible. Bullets didn't stop her." Deena said. "Amazing observations." I spat looking at the cut on my leg.

"Who the hell was that?" Deena asked. "How the hell should I know? She...She was hot! I don't know!" I said in a panicked tone. "The bitch seemed normal!" Simon added. I nodded eagerly.

"Yeah, we'll I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood!" Deena raised her voice.

"Well, she was hot and normal until she attacked Y/N with a fucking razor blade!" Simon yelled. Josh looked up. "Wait. What...A razor?"

"Yeah, for like old-times shaving or in this case, I guess, slitting her-"

"Wrists. She slashed her wrists." Josh said. "Was she singing something? Was she singing a song, like an oldie...like an oldie song?" Josh questioned. "Jesus, Rain man. How the fuck do you know that?" Simon asked.

Josh grabbed an old news paper off his wall and pushed everything off the table. "This is-"

"Ruby lane..." I said quietly. "How do you know about Ruby Lane?" Everyone looked at me. "I read about her while ago." Simon gave me a puzzled look. "What? I had a true crime faze leave me alone!"

"Anyways, she's the girl who attacked Y/N." Simon grabbed the news paper and took a bette look at it. "Holy shit!" Simon gasped.

"She sang as she murdered her boyfriend, her friends, then she killed herself. Slashed her wrists." Josh said.

"Jesus. Yeah, why didn't I see this on the news?" Kate asked. "Because it happened 30 years ago. 1965."

Josh grabbed more papers and slammed then on the table. "Ruby is one of the Shadyside's killers, just like Skull Mask. I mean Ryan Torres. Look, 1978. Sixteen years ago. 'Masked psycho murders kids at-"

"Camp Nightwing. Yeah, my mom's sister was there. That screwed my family up for a long time." Kate stated.

"1950, Harry Rooker, local milkman slashes a bunch of housewives. 1935, Humpty Dumpty Killer. 1922, Billy Barker. 1904, Grifter guts girls, and on and on. It happens in Shadyside over and over. Normal people turn into psychos." Josh kept showing newspapers.

"Jesus..." Simon grabbed a drawing with a guy and his eyes cut off. "Look at this guy." Simon started at the picture.

"That's the pastor, Cyrus Miller. 1666. He was the first one recorded. He, um... killed kids and cut out their eyes."

Sam stood up and walked into the kitchen. "I'm gonna go talk to her." Deena went into the kitchen.

I stared at all the news papers I picked one up and read it. My brows furrowed as I read it. "Hey are you alright?" Simon looked at me. I nodded. "You sure?" I nodded again.

"None of this is random." I brought my attention back to Josh. "It's Sarah Fier. She's turning Shadysiders into killers."

"Do you really believe that? I mean no one actually thinks that this witch shit is real." Kate looked at Josh. "Yeah, it's something baby sisters make up to scare kids." Simon looked at Josh.

"No, no. Just listen to me. 1666, Sarah Fier was hanged for witchcraft, fact. But ever since she was executed, she's been possessing people, turning them into killers, to take revenge on the town." Josh spoke with passion about this which made me smile lightly.

"It's like the nursery rhyme." I spoke up. "Yeah. Yeah." Josh nodded. Simon started quoting the rhyme. "'Before the witch's final breath, she found a way to cheat her death. By cutting off her cursed hand, she kept her grip upon our land. She reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slaves.'" Simons voice slowed down as he recited the old rhyme.

"Yes, exactly. Don't you see what's happening to us? This is all proof. Shadyside isn't just some hotbed for psychos. All these massacres are connected to Sarah Fier. The witch's curse is real!"

"Fine. Let's assume that the witch has been possessing people for some sort of messed-up vendetta. This isn't the same as the mall massacre. Something different is happening to us. Something way worse. Okay, we have two of her killers after us and both of them are dead. Why is she so mad at us?" Kate cried.

"I saw her." Sam said quickly. "Last night, I don't...I don't know, you know. I though I hit my head...It was...It was her. I saw the witch."