29 | party

If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

—niall horan

▬▬▬ ♫ : ▬▬▬

(songs from party pt.1 ):

Blue - Eiffel 65

Lose it (Jerry Folk Remix)- Oh Wonder

▬▬▬ ✦ ▬▬▬

AUDREY

Hailey had arrived earlier than expected. 

Syd and I were both at my kitchen, impatiently watching over the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies in the oven, when the doorbell rang. 

Sydney had originally come over to help me get prepared for tonight's party. In terms of progress for said preparation at that stage. . .well, I can't really say there was much, but there was some

We had already found a make-up design and a hairstyle on Pinterest, and. . .that was it. That was the whole progress. But hey, it hadn't been an easy task, okay? She also assured me that she'd watched a gazillion of YouTube make-up tutorials — so, apparently, there was no doubt that I was in good hands. 

I decided to trust her. 

I mean, not that I had any other option.

Midway through the outfit picking process though, I was beginning to feel giddy with nerves all over again. Syd noticed and proposed that — with the intention of calming me down — we engage in my comfort activity: baking. 

Although I'm pretty sure the main reason Syd likes baking with me is that she can nosh on raw ingredients while we mix the dough, it did always manage to make me feel at ease.

As I said, we were crouching beside the full oven in anticipation when the ding-dong of my doorbell reverberated through the house. I agreed to get it while Syd stayed watching over our yummy masterpieces.

My eyes popped open the same way as the door, when I discovered a literal radiant sun of my sister standing behind it.

"Surprise!" She flung herself on me, giving me a hug after which I thought I'd actually suffocate. I squeezed her in turn, shutting my eyes and breathing in the taste of winter along with her fruity fragrance. 

"Hailey!" My voice was muffled and high-pitched due to her squeezing the air out of me. "I missed you," I admitted, when she finally let go.

"Me too!" She rolled her jade green suitcase inside. "Mmm. . ." she closed her golden eyes, inhaling lengthily. "Let me guess," she turned to me with a smirk, "you're baking something again. How come our reencounters always involve baked treats?"

Syd emerged from the kitchen right then, wearing oven mitts. "Who is it?" She gasped as she saw my sister.

 "Haileyyy!" She skipped to greet her with a high-five — still in the mitten. "Wow, you're exactly in time for the peanut butter choc-chip cookies— I just got the tray out. Can't believe how lucky some people are. . ." she shook her head, marveling. "How are things in Pennsylvania?"