chapter 4

Tony POV

"Tiana Tiana !!"I called after her but she didn't answer nor turn back to look at me. What the hell just happened, she was fine a moment ago until she picked up that call. I quickly paid the bills, picking up her handbag that was left on the chair and her phone that she dropped in shock, She left her handbag something terrible must have happened.

Walking out of the restaurant in haste, I searched around for her, where the hell did she run off to I thought Aloud. I was about to give up my search assuming she had left, I quickly walked towards my car so I can drive around the neighbourhood and search for her knowing she might not have gone that far when I caught a glance of someone crouching on the floor resting on my car back tire and hiding from view.

Instantly recognising the red beauty anywhere, I went towards her squatting beside her, I held her face with my hands, raising her head to see tears gushing out of her eyes, I felt my heart broke like I could feel her pains, this is the first time I have ever seen her cry. What kind of news had she received that made her look so broken. I never wanted to see her cry ever again for any reason, I will do anything possible to make her smile.

" Baby girl, can you please stop crying and tell me whats is wrong," I asked raising her to her feet, as I brought out my handkerchief from my pocket wiping away her tears with it and hugging her to my chest as she cried on my shoulders I stroke her gently on her back. Soothing her.

She cried for a while, I didn't bother to question her again knowing that she won't be able to answer my question in this state. So am going to have to be patient and wait for a while when she felt better before she can answer any of my questions even though I hate seeing her cry, I have to wait for her to calm down. I felt her crying stop for a little bit I immediately pulled her away from my embrace. As I tried asking again

"Sweetie you have to tell me what is wrong so I can help you " I cooed at her. Resting my back on the car as I drew her closer to me.

"Mmmmmmy Dad got in an accident and he is in the hospital currently battling for his life, I don't want to lose him, he is all I have" she managed to say before sobbing again bringing her into my embrace I gently rub her back assuring her that everything is going to be fine. She froze and immediately withdrew herself from my embrace she heard the word 'fine'.

"Fine!! Don't you dare lie to me ! and tell me everything is going to be fine, because nothing is ever fine that is the same word I was told when my mom got into an accident years ago and when my grandmother got sick,but they were not fine if they were going to be fine they would still be here with me, today okay!!so don't you dare tell me that everything is going to be fine because it never was" she yelled in my face breaking down into sob falling on the ground. " and it never is I keep losing the people I love " she whispered barely audible. But I managed to hear.

I stood and stare without doing anything so confused not knowing what to do or say to her at risk of saying another trigger word. What do I fucking do right now?

Do something you big dump, don't you watch movies. You are so useless I tell you. My subconscious said interrupting my thoughts

Why don't you shut the fuck off or help me out with a good idea?

Why don't you just hold her

I could try that.

I picked her up again hugging her to my chest, I let her cry without saying a word afraid that I may say another trigger word. I held her for a while as my thoughts wander fall. Who could have tell that behind those laughs and smiles she had so much pain hidden in her heart? I wish I was able to help her erase this pain from her wounded heart.

She cried on my shoulders until I couldn't hear her crying or sniffing anymore, telling me that she might have either tired herself out and fell asleep or she was feeling a lot better now.

Checking her to see which was correct, yep she tired herself out glancing at my watch to check the time, 4:00 pm how can it be this late already.

I lifted her off the ground, opening the back seat of my car I lay her down moving a strand of her hair that had fallen off behind her ears, I quiet admire her beautiful feature kissing her on her forehead I withdrew my hands back but i felt her hands clutching my shirt and drawing me closer to herself efusing to let me go.

"Hey babe can you please let me go, I like the fact that you want me close to you, but it's getting late and I have to get you to the hospital, can you please let go so I can drive you home or something " I whispered in her ears but was meant with silence. I stare at her sleeping form holding her hands that were clutching my shirts trying to remove them from her grip but she drew me closer instead. I signed in frustration. Now she choose to be clingy.

Shut up you dump, she just need someone to hold her that's or

Why do you keep saying dump?

Because you think a lot of trash.

It's my head so I can do what I want

And am the boss in here so you have to bear the name calling. 'Dump'

I can't believe am stuck with you. Shaking my head out of my thoughts and ignoring my stupid subconscious.

"Babe We are not going to get anywhere in this state," I begged. Bringing her into a sitting position hoping she might be a little bit awake and let me go, but she surprisingly held me closer resting her head on my shoulders. "Stay" I heard her whispered still asleep Finally giving in I let her hold me rubbing her back in a soothing way,

Am not complaining though but I don't want her to feel embarrassed when she awoke or feel like I took advantage of her weakened state.

I brought out my phone from my back pocket, I dial the manager number of the restaurant on my cell. He picked up after two rings.

"Hello Good day sir! I hope all is well sir, " he answered, I noticed an edge to his voice. Knowing quite well that it was because I left the restaurant a while ago in haste. He might have misunderstood my leaving before finishing the for poor service. And was scared of getting fired. The restaurant actually belongs to me big shocker I know right,I didn't tell her that of course for obvious reason, not many people know about it anyway not even the staff know. Just the manager and a few trusted staff. I kind of like to be treated by a normal being whenever I visit. And most especially because I purchase the restaurant in the name of my mother.

"I want you to tell Dave to meet me in the parking lot, I want him to drive " I replied or more like whispered in fear of waking up my sleeping beauty. I rather see her sleeping than crying. I cut the call without saying anything thing else knowing quite well that he got the memo.

I picked up her phone that she dropped in fright when she heard the news staring at the cracked screen, I turn the phone on and unlocked it surprised that she got no password on her phone. I checked the name of the last caller. Betty. I saw a text message from the same person. Which reads 'El city hospital please hurry up and get here as far as you can'

The driver door immediately opened up and I saw Dave get into the car closing the door, I handled the car keys to him.

"Hey boss, how is it going " he casually greeting me with a smile. I always like his positive mood but right now I don't need it and am definitely not in the mood, I tolerate him a lot because Dave is like a little brother to me. Long story though, but I will tell you later. Now let's just focus on Tiana.

"Take me to El city hospital" I replied, without a smile probably sensing my sour mood. He closed his mouth without uttering another word, I know he was going to annoy me for answers later like a little kid, but I prefer the silence right now. We drive off the parking lot heading towards the hospital. I hope nothing serious happened to her father.

_________________________________________