chapter 5

Tiana POV

"Hey Baby girl " i heard someone whispered in my ears. I tried to ignore the voice and continue my nap, until I felt something wet on my ears. I immediately open my eyes to see Tony staring at me with a smile with my head resting on his thighs and immediately sat up surprised trying to remember how I got here in the first place, I glanced around to see that we were in some kind of packing lot.

"Gosh thanks heaven my sleeping beauty is finally awake " he said with a smile, staring at his smiling face I blushed in embarrassment at his lingering gaze, I felt all my lost memories returned to me. I remember opening up to Tony, I have never done that with anyone not even Franco and I have being with him for six years, I guess all my emotions that had being buried deep inside me for so long, just a mention of 'accident' 'hospital ' and I broke, i felt so embarrassed right now I can't even look at him,

"What are we doing here " I asked trying to avoid his gaze.

"Are you trying to avoid me " he asked with a small smile, I hate the pity I could see in his eyes, I don't want anyone to ever look at me with that look ever again that's why I always keep my emotion to myself.

"Don't look at me like that " I snapped at him, feeling angry at myself for letting my emotions get the best of me in front of him "Relax kitten now is not a time to bring out your claws no need to feel embarrassed now you held on so tight to me a while ago why are you feeling so shy right now " He said with a smirk, getting the memo that I didn't want to talk about my feelings

"you haven't answered my question" I reminded feeling a bit better, "We are at the hospital, packing lot " giving me a sad look "the one your father was admitted in " he answered, saying the last sentence slowly with slight hesitation in his voice.

"How did you know which hospital my father was admitted in " I asked genuinely surprised.

"I kinda read your text message surprisingly you got no pass word on your phone which I found quite cute and weird at the same time" he said awkwardly giving me my phone. While I glared at him, he gave me the innocent eye.

"How long have I being knocked out " I asked putting on my shoes, I don't remember taking off, "for about 2hours 30 mins " he replied glancing at his watch, I felt so bad for troubling him so much and disturbing him with my problems. I could clearly remember how he comforted me and made me feel safe earlier

"Thank you Tony for lending me your shoulders to cry on" I said, opening the door and getting out of the car.

"Anytime baby girl, just search for me any time you need a shoulder to cry on cause am only one call away " he replied singing the last part. I laughed out loud at his terrible voice, I don't know who lied to him about his voice. But he can't sing to save his life.

"And never forget to smile baby girl, because you are a really ugly crier " He teased winking at me, while I frown whacking him on his shoulder him with my handbag.

"Ouch, okay relax babe am just kidding " he tried to explain. I scoff at him as I walked out of the hospital packing lot to the hospital main building. I turn back to see Tony standing beside his car and staring at me. I couldn't help myself and waved at him with a smile which he returned, I watched from afar as he got inside his car and driving off.

As soon he left my smile dropped as I felt the sickening feeling of losing my father return. I breath in and out calming my nerves, I hated visiting the hospital, and have never visited one for a very long time after my mothers death, I was scared for life and didn't want to ever step foot in any hospital of any sort, my dad would call the doctor to the house anytime I fell ill or got injured.

Now am back here for the sake of my dad, putting on my big girl pants I walked in and made inquiry asking for my father. I was directed to his ward. I was told that he wasn't severely injured and was doing fine, I felt so much better knowing that he was going to be fine.

Room 220b I mumbled to myself as I search around, I finally found the room I opened the door, to see my dad sleeping on the bed other than the bandage wrapped around his head and hands he look quite fine, it has being so long since I saw my father, he look so pale. The room was silent other than the bip bip bip sound coming from the machine that was hook to my father.

I took a chair and drew it closer to the bed as I sat and quietly watched him, have being a bad daughter lately and left my father at the mercy of that witch.

A few minutes later, he woke up and smiling Lovingly at me, I tried to smile but I laughed instead in relief so thankful that he was alive and well.

"My not so little princess, am so happy to see you pumpkin" he said smiling lovingly at me, I went closer to him.

"Dad can you please stop calling me pumpkin, the nick name is absolutely terrible " I said trying to keep a straight face I failed terribly.

"Sweetie don't cried you know I hate to see you cry, I know it must really be so hard for you coming here" he said wiping away my tears.

"What happened dad I almost lost you too" I said to him.

"It was just a small accident don't worry about it " he said in the dismissive tune.

"You don't come to visit me anymore my little girl is all grown up and don't need me anymore " he added trying to change the subject

"Don't say that dad, I will always need you, always " I replied hugging him, we stay like that for a while, as I reassured my self that he was doing alright, and won't leave me.

"It's time for you to go home now Tiana, your dad is going to be fine you don't have to worry about him "a voice said opening the door and stepping into the room without an invitation might I add remembering that annoying voice makes my blood boil, her presence annoy me to the fullest extent I can't stand her.

I would have introduced her but she doesn't need any introduction let's just call her step witch for now, as usual she was dressed in the most glittery and expensive off the shoulder gown with a six inches heels with a perfectly sculptured makeup, she look like she was going for a beauty contest rather than coming to see her injured husband.

" I don't need you to tell me what to do " I snapped trying to hide my detest for her but failing miserably.

"Tiana " my father silently warned, I hate the fact that he always takes her side. That's why I haven't visited in a long time. She always acts innocent in front of my father, And blame me for the hostility between us.

"Tiana I am not trying to separate you from you father, I just want him to rest like the doctor instructed " she said innocently smiling at my father as she came closer to my him.

"I think you should go home Tiana, I know I have disturb you enough today, why don't you go home and rest, your mom is taking good care of me " he said hurting my feelings once more.

"She is not my mother " I stated firmly. Grabbing my handbag and leaving the room not before glancing back at my father and step witch who gave me a mockery smile. I am going to kill that bitch, I don't trust her one bit, she seriously have my father wrapped around her stinky fingers. But she is mistaken if she thinks am going to leave my dad to her mercy again. Am going to be back by morning.

Ignoring the voice in my head begging me to insist on staying with my father, I glanced at my him for the last time before leaving the room.

_________________________________________

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment,

Please don't forget to click on the follow button to get the latest update.