𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 - 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

chesters p.o.v

I groaned quietly. "C'mon Chester! Just one. " Eliza and Parker had been attempting to set me up on dates with random women Eliza know, for a few days now, to no avail. I either refused to go on the date, or the date went terrible. I had never really had that much luck in dating, unlike Parker. Speaking of Parker, he ran into the living room quickly. "Eliza! I found someone Chester would like!" She grinned happily. He showed me a picture of her. She had platinum blonde hair, light freckles, and she was wearing a band shirt. I shrugged. "Yeah, sure." They high-fived. He handed me my phone back, leaving me to message her.

I had arranged a date with the girl for Saturday. I found out her name was Brielle. She seemed quite nice, and she was really into video games. It felt like we would really hit it off. I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror. I looked tired as fuck, but i tried my best to freshen up. We were planning to go to a party that a friend of hers was hosting. I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Hey man, you've been in there for a while." He said softly. I opened the door. "I'm fine." He smiled at me. "You nervous?" Parker asked me kindly. I shrugged. "A little bit? Im used to parties though." We were silent for a minute. He knew what i meant.

It was around 7pm. The party was gonna be around 9, so i had some time to spare. I had been pacing around my bedroom, overthinking every little detail. A party for a first date is weird, but it's probably nothing. I was still extremely nervous, of course.

9pm had come by quickly. I was more nervous then ever- i could barely remember the last time i went on a date. I was never really one for dating, it had almost always been just Parker and i. We were just close like that, i guess. I checked my phone. Shit. I raced out the front door. "BYE PARKER!" I yelled out, quickly grabbing my car keys. "SEE YA!" He shouted back. I entered my car at the speed of light, going as fast as i could to the party.

The butterflies in my stomach got worse and worse as i got to the door. I was greeted by the blasting music and loud conversations.

I stood awkwardly near the drinks, checking my phone every few minutes.