10 . Broken Friendships

" Fine , I'll put it across loud and clear . I want you to be mine , Piya . Be mine and I'll offer you the world . "

His declaration made Piya shudder in fear , the maniac expression on his face confirmed that he wasn't just saying those words for a sake . He meant each and every word he uttered .

" I am not interested in the world . I am a simple girl with even simpler aspirations. My plans for life are already set and they definitely don't include dating and bodily connections. Look , all this may be a piece of cake for you , but in the culture that I belong , we are taught that all such romantic relationships are for once and lifetime."

She exclaimed . It was very easy for a charming man like him to explore and date around but she had not been exposed to such an accepting and open minded community.

She still belonged to a typical Indian household were the word ' love ' was limited to marriage and dating multiple men was considered a taboo , a blot on a woman's character .

" I understand . If you are concerned about my loyalty to our relationship , know that other women have been mere shadows to me since the day I had beheld the sight of your beautiful face . I commit you an exclusive relationship completely based on your terms. For now, go with the flow and eventually you'll come to appreciate what we have . "

She gasped at his words . What would take this man to understand that they weren't compatible.

Her parents would never accept her being with a white man who was a bar owner and did boxing for his livelihood .

Her stereotypical opinions on romantic relationships may sound conservative to the hopeless believers of true love but she worked on practicality .

She didn't wanted turn out as a disappointment for her parents who had given their blood sweat and tears so that their daughter could have access to top notch education and opportunities that they had lacked .

" I never will . "

She stated . Her eyes brimming with tears . The stern look on her face was contrary to the conflict of emotions she was battling on the inside.
She could never deny the irresistible tug she felt for him but then the thought of tying her heart to such a powerful man , who was capable of bringing her life to ruins , was nothing less than signing your soul to the devil .

On one side was her consciousness telling her to flee miles away from him but then there was this masochist part in her that craved to be dominated and controlled by him.

On the other hand , Chase's blood was boiling in rage hearing Piya's rejection .

His concrete jaw clenched and grey eyes had turned dark . That was it . He was done talking . He was never the one to talk and commit to people but this little doe made him go crazy with her reluctant words .

The chair that was positioned around the corner of the ticket corner was thrown to the ground by his outstretched hands.

She screamed in terror at the sound of the wood shattering into pieces .

He purposefully avoided looking at her knowing fully well that one miserable look in those honey eyes and his demons loose control .

" Stop. " She cried out " Oh my god ! Don't " She again requested , trying to reach out for his face to make him look at her .

However he was so indulged in his maniac outburst to notice that she was trying to soothe him down .
To catch his attention , she boldly went and stood directly in front of him , although her petite frame was still no match to his buff one . She wanted him to look at her as if she was the fucking cure of all his pain .But the stubborn man still refused to make an eye contact with her .