11. Accusations on Doe's Love

" What's happening here ? " A familiar husky voice resonated behind .

Piya , who was being helplessly kissed by her bully instantly pushed him off her , turned behind to see Chase standing about ten feet away from her . He very calmly looked at her , Jade and then Adrien who almost passed out lying on the floor from Jade's brutal beating . She hoped that Chase just got there and didn't got to see the latest event . 

She walked closer to him so that he could closely observe her condition . It had become a sort of compulsory ritual for him to check on her whenever they were separated even if it was for an hour. Ever since she had consented to stay with Chase she could feel him get even more protective of her , not that he was already over protective of her in his club where his glare was suffice to make Jade run for hills .But the more time she spent with him she could practically sense the intensity of his passion increasing for her . 

" Are you okay , Doe ? " He asked with a genuine concern . He must have thought that Jade was harming his girl . His eye sharply scanning her from the top of her head down to her shoes  .

 " Did he do anything to you ? " 

He enquired his hawk like eyes were fixed on her swollen lips .

Not now , she prayed to the heavens . God forbid if Chase came to know that Jade kissed her not once , but twice  ,Jade's body would be buried six feet under the ground .

She was waiting for  Chase to launch a punch on Jade but the violence she was anticipating never came. Rather Chase just moved forward , invading her personal space , and without her approval he slowly took her backpack off her shoulders . Once the weight was off her shoulders , his hands work to ease the tension in her stiff body . 

" She is fine for now . " Jade answered , successful in diverting Chase's calculative attention from Piya's lips .  It was as if Jade himself knew that Chase would have snapped his neck into two for touching what rightfully belonged to him .

" But I can't guarantee she'll still be fine if she continued poking her nose into my business . "

" What did you just say about her ? Mind repeating the sentence again ? "

Chase posed this question almost innocently as if he genuinely didn't heard what Jade had just uttered but everyone present there knew for a fact that he did heard every single word . 

" I said that your side chick won't be fine if she continued interfering in my bloody business ." 

Piya's jaw dropped open in surprise at Jade's bravery. She knew she wasn't the only one who found Chase's aura terrifying and threatening; he did, after all, have the potential to make adult men piss in their pants with a single stare.

Like a switch had been turned on , Piya felt Chase's body tense at Jade's threat regarding her . He remained silent for a moment , his eyes darkened and got a particular look into them . The look of pure madness and destruction . The air around them was now almost clogged , Piya noticed Jade's tough facade fading as a look of fear overtook his face . It was as if regretted saying anything about her in front of Chase at the first place . 

And in a flash , Chase's fist connected with Jade's face , leaving everybody frozen in shock .

 " Oh I fucking dare you to even come near her asshole . "

His voice sounded different , devoid of all the warmth and passion she was accustomed to hearing . He looked almost on the verge of murdering Jade in such a heinous manner that the beatings Jade administered on Adrien would appear like mere scratches on skin .  

Jade screamed in agony as he curled down on the floor while holding his now bruised face in his hands. 

" And this for making my girl cry that night with your filthy touch . " Chase gritted .