Tokyo, Japan

Satoko was a troubled child since birth. Her parents noticed her "weird" behavior since she was young. They started noticing that she picked out Cars and beyblades rather than dolls and princess's. But of course, her family didn't seem to have a problem with it. In fact, most of her family were feminist and firmly against gender discrimination. She wore all black clothes instead of pink. It wasn't until her teenage years did Satoko's family become worried. She never came home with a friend or talked about the new boys at school. She began to sneak out and street race. It worried her family because they wanted her to stay safe and dangerous and illegal street racing wasn't exactly ideal. They didn't have any idea how bad it was until a guy in Satoko's college was found dead from illegal racing. Satoko was crushed, her family found out later that the young boy was the only friend of Satoko's and they were lovers. It hurt Satoko's family to see her so hurt. She dropped out of her college. Months later, Satoko's mother died of heart failure. Satoko and her father were distanced from each other. Her father became depressed and started drinking. He ignored Satoko. So as a coping mechanism, Satoko street raced. Until one night she was arrested and her father was called to bail her out. The police told her father that she needed to go somewhere else and she wasn't allowed in her small Japanese town anymore. Her father didn't want to leave so he sent his 28 year old daughter to Tokyo and told her never to come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Satoko was living in an apartment in a secluded part of Tokyo. She was a tutor for Japanese kids to learn English. She loved her job and was good at it. One day she was called to Oro Valley High School to tutor a kid named Sean. As she made her way to Sean's home room classroom to get him for his lessons she thought of what she should get for dinner. Sushi? Ramen? She didn't know. Oh ⟟'⋔ here. She thought to herself. She walked into the classroom and instantly all eyes were on her. She turned her attention to the teacher and bowed as a hello. "So sorry to disturb your teaching, May i speak to you outside the classroom please?" Satoko said respectfully.  The teacher nodded and turned to the class "pages 126. Get to work, ⟟'ll be right back!" Satoko walked out of the class with the teacher following. Satoko explained to the teacher that she needed Sean for his tutoring lessons and that she would bring him back in 2 hours exactly. She told the teacher that if she couldn't today then she would gladly be able to schedule a different time. Sean's teacher quickly stated that it was perfectly fine for her to borrow the student for his tutoring. And that she would grab him right quick. Satoko watched as the teacher made her way into the classroom and after a few hollers were heard Sean made his way over to her. "Hello, you must be Sean!" Satoko said happily. "Yes that's me, are you my tutor?" Sean said questionably. In Seans opinion she looked quite young for a tutor, she looked as young as the high schoolers and could pass as one if she really wanted to.  "Yes, my name is Satoko. ⟟'ll be teaching you Japanese." She said walking. Sean walked beside her down the halls making small talk. Satoko stopped outside of a classroom that the school gave her to teach for a few months in. "Here we are." Satoko said. "Ok then." Sean said walking into the room. The first thing he noticed were the car models on her desk and bookshelves.  "You like cars?" Sean said hopefully. "Like them? No. ⟟ love them, i used to race when i was a teen. Got sent here cause i got caught." Satoko said truthfully. Sean was taken aback, she didn't seem like the type to get caught racing. "Suprised ⟟ got caught? Yeah, many say the same. I was snitched on. I took care of him though, he's in a wheelchair now." Satoko said shrugging. "Now enough talk on cars, let's get started on your Japanese." She and Sean went over Japanese for what felt to Sean as a short amount of time. Before he knew it, she was walking him to his classroom. "Are we friends now?" Sean said looking at the shorter girl. "Sure Sean, we're friends. See you tomorrow." Satoko said before turning around to walk to her classroom.