Chapter 3

It was the day of the departure to Hogwarts. Halley and Archie drove me to Kings Cross station. As usual, it was packed with people — muggles and wizards. They lead me to Platform 9 ¾ and went through with me. Archie helped me pack everything on the train.

"We will miss you. Go have fun and watch over your cousin," Archie said.

I nodded and gave Archie and Halley a hug before heading on the train. I waved goodbye to them on the train before I look for a compartment.

I'm excited to finally meet my cousin and to spend time with Sev. I wonder if Sev likes the present I want to give him. I went on my way looking for a compartment. I found a compartment with a boy with round glasses and a boy with red hair. I knocked on the compartment door and asked, "Mind if I sit here?"

The boy with round glasses said, "Sure. My name is Harry Potter. What's your name?"

Harry Potter

That's is the name of my cousin. My cousin is the famous Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived. The boy that survived the killing curse.

"I'm Ron. Ron Weasley. What's your name?" the boy with red hair said.

"I'm Y/n L/n. Nice to meet both of you," I responded. "You are both first years, right?"

They both nodded. I asked, "What house do you hope you guys would be in?"

I want to be in Gryffindor, so I could watch over Harry. But at the same time, I want to be in Slytherin to be close with Sev.

"I'm hoping to be in Gryffindor. My whole family has been in Gryffindor. They would kill me if I got into Slytherin. Which house do you hope to be in?" Ron said.

"I'm hoping to be in Slytherin or Gryffindor. My mom was in Slytherin, and my aunt was in Gryffindor. But any house is good," I said.

"You want to be in Slytherin...the house of death eaters," Ron stuttered.

"That's not true! Both my mom and my godfather is both sorted into Slytherin, and they aren't death eaters," I argued. "Which house do you want to be sorted in, Harry?"

"Uhhhh...I'm not sure yet," Harry said.

"Anything of the trolley, dears?" a lady pushing a trolley asked.

"I'm all set," Ron said.

"Could I get 1 chocolate frog, 5 licorice wands, and 1 Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans?" I asked. I paid, and she gave me the sweets.

"We will take a lot!" Harry said.

When he said a lot, he did mean a lot. The number of sweets Harry got covered the whole seat!

"Have anyone seen a toad?" a girl with blond bushy hair asked

"Have anyone seen a toad?" a girl with blond bushy hair asked. "A boy named Neville lost one."

"No."

"Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see them," the girl asked.

Ron cleared his throat and said, "Sunny shine daisy butter mellow turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He pointed his wand at the rat and bright light came. But the rat didn't turn yellow.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? It's not very good, is it? Of course, I only tried a few simple ones, but they've all worked for me."

The girl walked over to Harry pulled out her wand. She pointed her wand at Harry's glasses and said, "For example, Occulus Reparo !" This fixed Harry's glasses. She is very good for a first-year. "That's better isn't it?" "Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter!" she exclaimed. "I'm Hermione Granger and you two are?" she said, eyeing Ron and me.

"I'm Ron Weasely," Ron muttered with his mouth full of chocolate.

"I'm Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you," I said.

"Pleasure. You three better change into your robes. I expect we would be arriving soon," Hermione said before leaving the compartment.

I almost forgot to change into my robes. I went to the bathroom and changed into my robes.

I went to look for Hermione after changing my robes.

"Hey Hermione," I said waving at her.

"Hi, Y/n," she said.

"You will very well on the spell you showed Ron, Harry, and me. Does your family do magic at home?"

"My family doesn't. Nobody in my family is magical. I hope reading all the course material is enough to prepare me for Hogwarts."

I gave her a hug and said, "Don't worry. You will do fine."

"What about you? Does anyone of your family do magic?"

"My mom is a muggle-born, and my dad is a half-blood. Both of them passed away, so I'm now staying with my mom's friends. Both of them can do magic."

"Oh. I didn't mean to make you feel unhappy or to bring up bad memories."

"It's okay. You didn't know."

The train slowed to a stop. Hermione and I got out of the train. There was a tall man yelling, "First years, First years this way please." It was Hagrid.

Hermione and I followed Hagrid. On the way, I met up with Harry and Ron. Hagrid led us to boats. Using the boats, we rode towards the castle. I rode with Hermione and two other first years.

Hagrid led us inside the castle to Professor McGonagall. She said, "Welcome to Hogwarts! And in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seat you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. And while you are here, you're house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. And any rule-breaking will lose you points. And at the end of the year, the house with the most points is rewarded with the House Cup."

A boy shouted, "Trevor!" He picked up the toad and apologized.

Professor McGonagall continued, "Sorting ceremony will begin momentarily."

A/n: I got some of the dialogue and details from the books and movies.

Which house would I be sorted into? Gryffindor like my mom? Or Slytherin like Sev and Archie?

A/n: Which house do you think Y/n would be sorted in? Leave your ideas, comments, questions, and ideas in the comments down below. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I won't be posting any chapters for the rest of the month because my family and I are going on a trip before school starts. I will start updating again after I come back from the trip. Have a great day/night! xxxxxx Denise