Chapter 5

f/f: favorite food(s)

"Better be in Gryffindor!" the sorting hat said.

Many people applauded as I walked to the Gryffindor table. I sat down next to Harry. I am a little sad that I didn't make it into Slytherin, the same house as Sev. I am happy that I am in the same house as my cousin.

I grabbed f/f and took a bit of it. As I was eating, I hear other students talking about their family and their blood status. I miss Halley, Archie, and my sister.

"Hello! How are you? Welcome to Gryffindor" said the ghost that appeared out of the plate in front of Ron

"Hello! How are you? Welcome to Gryffindor" said the ghost that appeared out of the plate in front of Ron. This gave Ron a scare.

There were other ghosts flying around the Great Hall.

"Hello, Sir Nicholas. Have a nice summer?" Percy asked. 

"Dismal, once again. My request to join the headless hunt has been denied." Sir Nicholas said before floating away.

"I know who you are! You are Nearly Headless Nick!" Ron exclaimed.

Sir Nicholas turned around and said with a bit of sass, "I preferred Sir Nicholas, if you don't mind."

Hermione asked, "Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?"

"Like this," Sir Nicholas replied. He pulled the top of his head, revealing that his head is barely attached to his body with only a little bit of skin keeping his head and body together. Everyone gasped.

Sir Nicholas looked around our table before eyeing me and said, "You look familiar to a former student of Hogwarts. Y/n Evans, I believe is her name. Are you related to her?"

"I'm her daughter," I said.

A/n: Sorry that this chapter is a bit short. Sorry for not updating for so long. I was on vacation and came back in the first week of August. But I was very busy unpacking and getting ready for school. I am starting school next week, so I will not update every day like normal. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I will try to update as regularly as often. If there is anything you want to say to me, please leave it in the comments down below. Bye, everyone!  xxxxxx Denise

My new updating schedule:

Sunday: 1-2 updates

Monday: 1 update

Tuesday: Break

Wednesday: 1 update

Thursday: Break

Friday: 1 update

Saturday: 1-2 updates

(the schedule might change due to homework from school and personal matters)