13: How To Chase Off a Harasser

Minor TW: suggestive dialogue, sexual harassment, unwanted advances (I just wanted to warn those who might be uncomfortable reading stuff like this or it brings up unpleasant memories/thoughts)

Gon and Killua walked into their apartment complex lobby, talking about some random topic. Today, the desk was staffed by a worker. They were short and stout, and their grey hair was cut extremely short, rivaling a pixie cut.

"Oh, you're the new tenet! Last name... Zoldyck? Right?" They called out to Killua, waving a piece of paper in the air. Gon and Killua gave them a curious look before slowly walking over to the counter.

"Who wants to know?" Killua asked cautiously. He eyed the worker up and down before his eyes landed on the piece of paper they held. Both Gon and Killua looked at the name tag pinned to their shirt. It read: Aslan with a small (They/Them) scribbled under their name.

"Well, uh, I was wondering if we could speak in private?" They asked, holding out the forms to Killua, who reluctantly grabbed the sheets.

"What's this about, exactly?" He grumbled, looking at the young worker with an agitated expression scrawled on his face.

"Your rent payment...." They trailed off, rubbing the back of their neck sheepishly.

"What about my payment?" He growled, staring at Aslan fiercely. His eyes were narrowed, and his lips were pursed into a menacing scowl. If looks could kill, Killua would be in jail.

Gon nudged the side of his shoulder with his, offering him a smile. Mostly telling him to calm down and not give the kid a heart attack. Killua grumbled something under his breath and rolled his eyes.

"What's wrong with my payment?" Killua asked in a slightly less threatening tone.

"We've never had this happen before, but uh, someone came by this morning and offered to cover all ongoing rent costs for you. As well as the water and electricity bills," They said through a plastered smile.

"Did the asshole who offered to pick up my bill have long, black hair and eyes like a demonic goldfish?" Killua griped, rubbing the bridge of his nose in agitation.

"I- uh- I dunno if I'd put it that way but... yeah?" They said their answer was more like a question.

"Fucking- ugh-" Killua seethed under his breath. "No. Don't accept his payments or whatever. Keep it on the original payment method," He ordered.

"Right. In that case, I have a few more articles of paperwork for you to sign," They said, pulling back a small swinging door to the back room.

"Of course you do," Killua muttered under his breath, following the worker to the backroom.

"I'll wait here for you, Killua," Gon said through a smile before the worker shut the door behind them.

Gon leaned back against the front desk, randomly twiddling away on his phone.

Bastards of Apartment #512

Gon:
Hey- I'm hanging out
with Killua today

Simp #1 (Leorio):
Ofc u r

Gon:
???

Simp #1 (Leorio):
It's not like you've spent
every damn day with
him for the past two
weeks or anything

Gon:
Yeah bc
we're friends??

Simp #1 (Leorio):
Yeah OKAY and Kurapika
and I are just roommates