19: How To Get Patched Up pt.2

TW: discussion of transphobia and homophobia, blood/an injury and semi-vivid descriptions of it

Gon woke up the next morning with a splitting headache. He let out a listless and pained groan and sat up, nursing his throbbing head. He moved a hand over his eyes to block out the sunlight, which only intensified his migraine.

Gon flopped back onto the bed, grabbing a nearby pillow and pressing it to his face. His limbs felt stiff and weak- like he had a sudden case of muscle atrophy. Dried streams of tears made his face feel dirty and dry. He had slept in his clothes from last night, jeans, shoes, and all, making his body feel feverish and gross. In short, he felt like a whole ass train wreck and looked like one too.

Gon heard a knock on his door, soft and timid. "Gon, you awake?" A voice asked. "Leorio and I are headed off to work," Kurapika mumbled. Gon took the pillow off his face and tossed it aside.

"You're leaving? Good," Gon snapped, still upset over last night's argument. He heard Kurapika sigh at his door.

"Look, I wanted to-"

Gon took the pillow and threw it at his door, the soft thud cutting Kurapika off. "Oh fuck off, Kurapika. It's too early to be dealing with your bullshit," Gon sniped.

"We can talk later, then. Have a good day," Kurapika offered with a heavy voice. Gon turned away from the door and stayed silent. He had nothing left to say to Kurapika.

He heard Kurapika's footsteps retreating and the front door opening and closing. With Kurapika and Leorio out of the apartment, Gon sauntered into the kitchen. He felt dazed and foggy, probably as a result of his sleeping conditions.

He noticed a mug on the kitchen counter with steam billowing from the top and a small note next to it. He picked it up and read it.

    Gon,
    I had a creeping suspicion you
    were gonna feel like shit when
    you woke up. I'm sorry you and
    Kurapika got into it last night.
    Please, try talking to him when
    you feel up to it. I know he feels
    like shit.
    Enjoy your coffee- handmade by
    the coffee machine, just how you
    like it- extra cream and extra sugar.
    Have a good day, kid
              ~ Leorio

Gon smiled weakly at the gesture, setting the note back down on the counter. He picked up the mug and let the warmth seep into his hands. Contrary to popular belief, Gon could handle his caffeine. Somedays, he even depended on it. Especially when he felt this horrible.

Gon finished his coffee, the caffeine making him feel somewhat better and more rejuvenated. Not by much, but every little bit mattered. He decided he was in desperate need of a shower and a change of clothes.

Thirty minutes later, Gon was out of the shower and into a new set of clothes, still drying his hair off with a towel. He slung it around his neck and went to pick up his phone. The screen was illuminated by a text message, immediately making Gon smile.

Killua

Killua:
Oh my fucking GOD
u won't believe what
just happened

Gon:
What???

Killua:
Big developments on the
Palm, boy, and roommate
love triangle

Gon:
No way

Tell me about it
now