26: How To Have a First Date

"Brief" recap since it's been a hot minute:
Okay so Retz broke up with Gon over text and Gon just tried to suppress how he was feeling about it. Then Killua moved in and Gon practically annoyed him into being friends. They got into a fight at a grocery store where Gon punched a homophobe, Illumi showed up and was an asshole, Hisoka hit on Gon (of course), Gon and Killua broke into a pool to go night swimming and got chased by a security guard, went to the planetarium, and yeah. And on the side, Kurapika and Gon were fighting a lot over multiple things, namely because Kurapika thought Gon was using Killua to get over Retz. Then, they eventually made up and shit (after a lot of fighting). And after 21 chapters, lots of interruptions, and a whole lot of angry people in my comments, Gon and Killua finally kissed. And then they made pancakes at 3am where Gon promised Killua (who was overthinking and very anxious that Gon was using him or was gonna leave him or that Gon didn't actually like him), that he actually liked him a lot and wouldn't do anything to fuck what they had up. And he says he's going to take him out on a date the next day. The next morning, which is a few hours later, Retz shows up and apologizes to Gon and gives him an explanation why she broke up with him. Then, after asking if he was seeing anyone else and Gon answering no, she asks to get back together with him. She then leaves Gon, who doesn't say yes or no to her offer, but before she does, she tells him that she still loves him, to which Gon doesn't answer either. Then Kurapika and Leorio get home and Gon tells them everything, and they call him out on his bullshit and tell him he needs to tell Killua what happened. Gon then explains he likes them both and doesn't know what to do, but agrees to tell Killua on their date later that night. And that's where we are folks! It's good to be back :)

His eyes wandered all over his reflection in the mirror. Nothing was good enough for tonight, but this outfit would have to do. It was only about the hundredth one he'd tried on, after all. He had on a pair of off-white colored jeans and a brown turtleneck. His jeans were cinched with a black belt. And, of course, he had on his green converse. He ran a hand through his hair, which wasn't gelled back like usual. He knew it looked better this way, but it came with the price of strands of hair constantly falling in his eyes and across his face. It was the only reason he never wore it down like this. It drove him crazy.

He turned on his heel and inspected his room. Clothes and outfits deemed not good enough were strewn across every piece of furniture and covered nearly every square inch of his bedroom. His eyebrows furrowed as he thought about having to clean the room whenever he got home. Letting out a deep sigh, he moved his head around in circles to try to relieve the tension in his shoulders. All-day, besides the morning, had been spent setting up this upcoming date. Not to brag (but definitely to brag), he was pretty proud of what he'd come up with on such short notice. It was simple, but that was the beauty of it. It was exactly what they needed. They couldn't just be wreaking havoc, and starting fights left and right all day, every day. No, society would crumble.

He shot a glance at the clock, realizing he had a little less than ten minutes to get mentally prepared and get to Killua's apartment to pick him up. The last part was easy; they lived hardly five feet away. But the first part? Gon had better luck learning how to fly.

Gon's mind was frenetic, cruising a solid hundred miles per hour in a school zone. Just trying to process everything that had happened in the past forty-eight hours was taking up all the brain cells he had left, which wasn't a lot. From kissing Killua, to setting up a date for the two of them, to Retz unexpectedly showing up at his doorstep, her wanting to get back together and kissing him, and him and Kurapika fighting again, Gon was having trouble believing that this was his life and not some shitty story written by an amateur author who liked to see their characters suffer. He rubbed his temples, trying to ease his pounding headache.