Episode 23 of 62

This is an ongoing story. If it's your first time reading the novel I suggest you start from Episode 1. If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there.

 If this episode is not where you last left off, then please check the Table of contents of all episodes released so far and find the last episode you read and continue from there

Kingdom of the Red Rose
(Episode 23 of 62)
Chapter Nine: The Creation of Emma
(Part 1 of 3)

A Cherub took off and disappeared into the night. Griffin caught a glimpse of it before it vanished as he walked towards the small campfire, looking for Haron. He found him hunched over a long wooden box, searching.

"What was a Cherub doing here?" Griffin walked over curiously, trying to peek inside the wooden box.

"I requested some extra mana for Lance, and we also need these," Haron pulled out two thin, long white pieces of metal that looked like spears missing the blade at the end.

Each piece of metal was nearly as tall as Griffin and so thin he could hold them with one hand while his thumb touched his index finger. They felt a lot lighter than what Griffin expected, and they bent as he tilted his hand left and right. Their white colour glowed in the darkness, leaving a trail of light as he waved them from side to side. Their surface felt rough, covered in small lumps, as if an amateur blacksmith forged them badly and then failed to flatten them.

"What are these for then?" Griffin asked when he finished inspecting them.

"You will use them to form your weapon."

"What could I possibly form with these two flimsy pieces of metal?"

Haron grabbed Grim Reaper and struck down at Griffin. Griffin turned the metal poles horizontally, trying to block the strike. Haron's scythe landed on the ground between Griffin's legs, with the two poles trapped beneath it. The metal bars bent all the way down to the ground under the scythe but didn't break.

"They are stronger than you think, but the material plays little importance. What really matters is what you will be able to form with them using your mana. That's what will decide how strong your weapon will be, not the material used. And if you're still not convinced, then know that every Grim Reaper receives the exact same two pieces to form their weapon. I formed Grim Reaper out of two such identical pieces."

"And if you doubt my strength, then I can demonstrate it for you again, as I did for Lance," Grim Reaper replied.

"That won't be necessary. One demonstration was more than enough," Griffin replied and Haron lifted his scythe.

"Good, then get ready to form a weapon," Haron stepped back.

"What? Now?"

"Yes, now."

"Shouldn't we wait for Lance?"

"No. Now come on, we covered the theory behind creating a weapon. Try it."