Chapter 13

-Leah

I wake up strangely without lili in my face.

I look at my phone
09:32am

Kat should be here

I get ready and go down and hear the faint laughter of lili.
I walk in to the main room and see her in the back room with Kat laughing whilst Chloe is serving some people.

"Hey midget! How are you?" She jumps in arms and I give her a hug.
"Good mummy. Auntie Kat has been playing games with me! She's so much fun!"

"She is!" I agree and give a bit of a smile to her
"Hey uh I figured you would want this." She hands me apiece of paper.

I open it and read:

Anthony's address
14 acre road
Number 36

"Oh uh thanks. I do have to ask though, has he ever mentioned meeting Liliana." I ask awkwardly
"At the start he did. He hasn't really since. But I mean he moved back here for a reason right?" She says
"That's true."

I start helping serving customers when joey walks in.

"Where's my favourite niece?" He asks
"With her aunt." I casually say forgetting that he doesn't know kat is back

"But Chloe is there.... You don't mean?" I nod

"Holy shit! She's back? How's things?"
"Rocky. I mean so's he. He's actually been here for a couple of months. She wants to be in lilis life so that's why she's here."

"He's fucking back?!" He gets pissed at the mention of him

"Leave him alone." I defend him, "I don't even know if I should reach out for Lilianas sake. I mean she needs a father but he hasn't made a bit of effort."

"From a guy that hates him I still think you should reach out." Joe admits

He heads back and reconnects back with Kat who is more pleased to see him.

Whilst that's happening I start thinking, even joey hates his guys but wants me to get in contact for Liliana. I think so too I'm just..... scared I guess. I don't want him to like hurt her and leave her. I don't think he ever would be I mean it's been 5 years without a single big of contact even now as he's living here again.

I look at the address again then go to Chloe.

"Hey can I take a quick break I just need to do something quick I'll have a shorter lunch."

"Yeah sure. Business is quiet today. What you doing?"
"Erm I'll tell you later depending on how things go." I start to run out and I hear her say, "well okay then?"

*****
I've been sitting outside his house in my car for 27 mins. I just cannot build up the courage to go up to him.

What do I say?

"Hey it's me, mother of you 5 year old?

"Did ya forget?"

"Wanna meet her?"

"Remember me?"

After more time contemplating what to do I just get out my car and walk down the path leading to a red door.

I hesitate before knocking

Shit
Shit
Shit
Shit

Now I've done it.
Can't run now.

The door opens revealing a woman, Allie I assume?

"Hi I'm is a Anthony Adams in?" I ask
I fiddle with my fingers, I bet she can see how nervous I am