8. Life seems better...for me.

My Red Romance.

Ella's POV

I reached campus at eleven because I didn't have a class till one, and it was art class where we had to present our artwork. I moved out of my car and ran to its trunk. I opened it, revealing my master piece of the himalayas. I pulled it and holding it down properly and placed it down.

I closed my car trunk and stood there helplessly, waiting for someone to come help me carry my painting.

“Hey Ella, long time”

I felt Cole's hands wrap around my neck as he spoke.

“Hey Cole”

I said, turning to face him but still his hands around my neck. I felt a lump in my chest as I tried not to look in his eyes.

“Please help me.....”

“Am not lending you any money or anything or helping you out with Angel”

Cole said, making me laugh out loud. He was used to me asking for that each and every time.

“No not that, but my painting over there”

I said, pointing over to my painting, leaning on my car. Cole removed his hands from me and picked up the painting.

“This is not even heav..”

Cole stopped midway as he looked at the time stopping scene in front of him. Jack had come behind me whilst hugging me, placing a soft kiss on my cheeks.

What killed him more was seeing Ella blush and move her hair to her face, trying to hide the blushing. Cole let go of the painting, giving it a crack at the end.

“Hey what the heck”

I said, running over to my dear painting and leaning it against my car.

“Ella I need to talk to you now”

Cole said with rage in his eyes and moving away. I looked over to Jack, who just held my hand and pulled me towards him. Cole, who felt no one following him, came to a halt and turned around to see Jack holding my hand.

“Jesus Christ” Cole said, running his hand through his hair that he had now made curly and brown.

“Ella is my girlfriend now, so please leave her alone” Jack possessively said as he tightened the grip he had on my hand.

“Its not what you think Cole” I said, trying to ease the situation.

“Then what is it, Ella? What does it look like now huh”

Cole said, rolling his eyes at Jack disgustingly. Jack, who had anger issues, didn't stop at nothing to throw his fists to Cole's jaw. I looked at Cole, who was down and ran over to him.

He was my best friend and Jack is my boyfriend. That was I supposed to do. So immediately decided to run over to the hurt one. Cole, go away. Jack will hurt you.

“If he hurts me, then he will have a no-brainer on hurting you, Ella.”
Cole said this because he knew that he was friends with Jack, including the fact that they were both half asians from the  same country and students from the same school.

“And who did you think you are to talk on my behalf”

The audacity

Jack pushed past me, holding Cole by his  collar. He then pushed Cole to the ground and began to throw his missile fists at him.

I couldn't help myself but run over and pull Jack away from a weak Cole who just laid there with blood in his mouth and the side of his eyes.

“Please stop it.”

“WHY ARE YOU BEGGING ME TO STOP BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF THE GUY THAT WANTS YOU FOR HIMSELF ELLA WHY?” Jack shouted his lungs out at me while he left Cole and  holding my shoulders.  Right now, I was having an inner debate about why I would not love a guy who loves me for himself. Am literally living a dream, Cole.

“PLEASE STOP please Jack don't hurt him” I sobbed as I looked over to Cole, who was still lying on the floor.

Jack looked at me with rage in his eyes, wanting to just kill Cole. I cupped his face in my hands and told the only thing that could calm him down.

“You don't need to worry, Jack. Cole is, Cole is just my friend, so you don't have to wo-worry about that okay”

I locked my eyes with his and hugged him before he could say a thing. He hugged me back and then led me to my car where my painting leaned. He picked it up and gave me a reassuring smile.

I turned back to Cole, and hardly had I moved a step to him, then Jack held my hand and whispered a “let's go” to me. I now had two options to either help my best friend and lose Jack my moon and stars at that point or go with Jack and then rekindle my friendship with Cole later.

I turned away from Cole and moved into the building in front of me with Jack holding my hand. I just couldn't lose him.

                               †††

I reached my apartment at seven in the evening tired and disappointed in myself. My art lecturer didn't seem to appreciate anything I had worked hard on for the past two weeks. And just like that, he had told me to repeat my assignment.

I slid on my grey slippers and walked to my bedroom upstairs. I sadly looked at my painting that now had a crack on it's edge triggering the moments that had happened earlier.

I rushed downstairs to where my bag was, got my phone, and quickly dialled  Cole's number into it.

I could clearly see that the number had gone through, but still Cole wasn't picking up. I tried calling him the second time and the third time and the fourth time and the fifth time until I called the sixth time, and his phone was now switched off.

I paced around my room, wondering what I was to do, and perplexed about why Cole was angry in the first place. I  quickly thought of Ava and then ghosted her number into my phone and called her. Thank God she picked up.

“Hey Ella, what's up with you and Cole?”

Was the first thing that came out of the other side of the phone.

“Why? What's wrong with Cole?” I quickly panicked as I spoke through the phone.

“Uhmmm I think you should see him yourself, Ella, because he is in a ‘I need you right now’ state, so please be at my place in ten okay”

“Okay”

I picked up my black coat and phone and then ghosted out of my apartment and, in a split second, was at Ava's place.

“Thank God you are here”

Ava said as she opened her door for me.

“Where is he?”

I asked Ava, who just pointed to her kitchen.

............................................................................

Hey loves, here is part eight. It's lent season. Hope your praying for what you want because God is definitely answering prayers.

~ Belin_