IX

the queen and i flew as fast as possible to the winter border to see what was causing the trees to turn white.when we were few miles away the girls and ministers joined us.

"queen clarion,princess leanna,something's wrong!"minster redleaf cried out."the temperature, it seems to be plummeting!"

"the hibiscuses are halfway to hibernation!"sunflower panicked.this is horrible,spring is on it's way and we can't let anything ruin it.

"now,now,ministers,let's not panic."queen tried to cam them down.it seemed like they were more worried than queen and me."absolutely right."hyacinith sided with us but screamed at the sight."snow!"

there was a big wind of snow that froze the large tree frighteningly fast.i heard voices down below at the river and we all flew closer.i drew in a sharp breath at the sight of our ice machine stuck in branch.there was a lot of ice so the large amount of snow came out of it and caused the freezing trees.tink and i flew down to them and looked around.

"what happened?"tink asked them as i stopped beside her."how did this get here?"i'm pretty sure they left it on the bridge so the only way it could have gotten here was that someone pushed it."i don't know but it's stuck."clank told us while yanking the branch.

"aye, and it's making that thing bigger by the minute!"bobble pointed to freezing trees.if we don't hurry the whole pixie hallow will become winter forest.the girls joined us and we all began to push.my muscles strained as i pushed with all might.i even helped with my magic but it was hard.
"all together. all together!"with a groan we pushed the machine and it fell down in the river.it sunk down at the bottom of the cold river and i sighed in relief.we all cheered when the snow stopped coming.

"it's over."tink said and hugged me."uh, i don't think it is."vidia stated as she pointed to the log under us.the ice was beggining to spread rapidly over the trees and ground.
"the seasons have been thrown out of balance."i yelled up at the queen.
"but if the temperatures continue to drop, it will freeze all of pixie hollow."hyacintih panicked.as he finished one of the frozen branches fell down and broke in few pieces.
"your majesties,the pixie dust tree."my eyes widened and queen and i started to fly to the tree others following behind us.
"we must hope the tree survives. otherwise there will be no more pixie dust. life in pixie hollow will change forever. and no fairy will ever fly again."

we were all shaken up."hurry. we must do everything we can."i tried to calm them down.queen smiled thankfully at me.

the guards began to hand out the blankets to fairies who went to hide in warm place.fairies helped remaining animals to find a warm spot.i took the last basket full of smaller animals and flew to my home.

"lea,do you need any help?"clank yelled to me.
"no! this is my last run! i'll meet you in the tree!"i shouted back and pushed my wings faster.i opened the door to my house and all of the animals inside looked at me.i put the basket down and petter one of the ladybug inside.

"everybody okay? great. there you go. nice and toasty. you guys just stay here and keep warm. everything's going to be..."i stopped when i turned around and saw familiar globe."fine."

that's right,i took periwinkle's flower globe when she left.i didn't want it to sit there at the meadow,i wanted to give it to her when i figure out how.the globe slowly broke and i drew in a breath when the flower inside remained intact.oh,the ice is like a blanket,it kept the warmth inside.i looked back at the window to the pixie tree and gulped with realization.

i need to get there fast.i wrapped the remains of the ice globe and the flower inside and flew out of my house.