XIV

the festival preparations went easy and we had done it all in no time.

with all kinds of fairies helping with our study of wings we also learnt that very fast as well.lady wispa was of a great help.her kind is very rare,she is the only one in last 37 years.it is not impossible for a fairy of her kind to be born but it's unusual.

our wings became...shall i say,trained over the time.we could survive the cold for few hours before our wings started to hurt and winter fairies also lasted good few hours before their wings started to hurt so we made a deal to organise the festival by the river and the border.each one can easily cross if their wings hurt and we can all be together.

one thing that had bothered me was the ministers.my one month for finding a husband was quickly finishing.i only had few days.the last day being the day before the festival when queen clarion promised to tell me the name of the fiance.

of course i understand the wish of the council but i feel like i'm still too childish to get married,even if i'm nearing 30'. not that leading a kingdom is any easier but i was preparing for it my whole life.

we held few more meetings about the new found connection between winter fairies and us and even though some were against making a new law,they didn't have an actually say in it.only the queen, the two ministers of winter,milori and wispa and i had a say in it.the others merely gave a suggestion we would've taken in consideration or not.

tinkerbell and periwinkle were ecstatic when they found out they could go see each other without having to ask for permission like every fairy had to before the new law.rosetta even got friendly with the delivery fairy,sled.

we left them to take responsibility of themselves.

"fairy mary,please calm down.clank and bobble will finish the fireworks by the end of the week.i'll even help them make gift baskets and get some of the fairies to help put them together."i calmed down the anxious fairy mary.

some details still weren't exactly perfect.fireworks still needed some fixing and gifts for gift baskets are going to be done in two days so we have time to make more baskets.we've made about 300 and we're still missing about 200 give or take.

of course we didn't let queen clarion find out about it all because hyacinth would find out and then we're done for.

the festival should begin before the fairies go bring the spring to the mainland which happens at night so we have the whole afternoon and evening to celebrate and then send the fairies off.

"alright but please go see the queen,i'm pretty sure you were called half an hour ago.go before she comes here and sees that we had all this stuff laying around."fairy mary shooed me out.

i flew to the pixie tree and found the queen in her study.usually around this time she would have a meeting with the ministers.

"leanna,please sit."the queen said.i sat down in front of her desk,worried.queen clarion had a...sad expression on her face and i doubt it would bring good news.

"are you alright,majesty?"i asked.

she nodded and cleared her troath."as you already know,your time to find a husband is finishing soon and although i didn't agree that you should get certain amount of time,i just couldn't go against the council.i know it wasn't your fault for what happened and they are punishing you unfairly."

"you are the queen,aren't you?or do you also think i should get married."

queen clarion looked at me with hurt expression and i regretted the harsh words."leanna,i'm sorry but i also know that you do understand."

i nodded.i was only mad at the unfair punishment and i've come along with the fact that i need to get married,in fact,i agree with them.

"and you didn't say not even one name during this time and...in our meeting today which winter ministers participated at,we have agreed on a fairy you would marry if you do not make a choice..."

queen clarion looked at me with relaxed posture,as if not to anger me.honestly,i was expecting them to find someone and i have known the ministers my whole life,they wouldn't choose someone who wasn't eligible.

"and did they say yes?"i asked.

queen clarion nodded."he,he did.would you like to hear his name or do you wish to wait until the day before the festival like we agreed?"

"tell me now,i do wish to meet him before."

queen clarion smiled."don't look so troubled,you know him and like him...it's lord milori."

"what?are you serious?"i asked.

"are you not happy?"she asked,seeing the bewildered look on my face.

i shook my head."no,no.it's good.i...kinda like him but...didn't want to mention him because i thought you would be mad about me wanting to marry your brother.and i'm pretty younger than him."

queen clarion shook her head and got up."you are not a child anymore,you have few more summers before your 30th."she walked around her desk and stood in front of me."leanna."she took my hands and i stood up."i was worried that you wouldn't like our decision but i guess we know you way more than we think."

"i was probably way to obvious with my stares and blushing."

queen clarion nodded and brought me into a gentle hug."i know what it's like to be in love.and do not worry,we will announce the engagement at the festival but i managed to get the ministers to agree with letting you decide when you will get married."

i nodded and smiled."thank you.it means a lot."

"and milori wholeheartedly agreed with you being the only governor and him being only your husband."

"oh,that is nice of him.but i didn't think you would choose someone with whom i would have to fight for the throne."

i don't know if i should be freaked out about the wedding or the fact that i don't even care anymore if i'll get married or not.milori is a handsome fairy and for the last month i've known him he has been nothing but nice to everyone. i do think we should wait some time before the wedding,at least a year or so...we don't really know each other and i prefer to meet a person before rushing into marriage.

it'll be weird talking to him about it since our relationship would begin with marriage but if we wait and get to know each other then i think everything should be fine.

the main problem is how we aren't the same fairies.he is a winter fairy and i'm a pixie fairy...but i'm sure wispa and others are working on finding a connection between pixie hallow and winter forest.

i don't think i should go talk to milori right away since i promised to help with the baskets but it will have to be sooner than i wish.

i don't know why it doesn't feel strange...it's almost as if marrying him is a natural thing.perhaps it'a bond of sort.