Dwargon Part 2

Rimuru was currently situated on the lap of the blonde elf, watching as the dark elf in front of him was using the crystal ball. He stared into the crystal ball, knowing full well what it was going to show him. The 5 students: Kenya, Gale, Ryota, Alice and Chloe. Chloe was the one hugging Shizue, whose face became visible as the crystal ball zoomed in on her. It was incredibly nostalgic. Rimuru was also saddened tremendously, as it reminded him of one more person that he had failed to save. Failed to protect. Heck, he even failed her will of saving the children, as they all died in that final war.

The dead body of Chloe when he arrived after Ivaraj had finally lifted the dimension lock by accident sent him into a frenzy of rage, sorrow and grief. The news of his country's destruction, the other dead bodies of his allies and comrades simply fueled this rage. He did not know how long he rampaged, but in the end, all his enemies had laid dead at his feet. But the rage then turned to grief, as he then saw Milim, who looked completely lost. And the rest, well, is obvious.

Rimuru shook himself out of all the depressing memories. It would not happen again. It would not happen at all.

["Master, saving Shizue Izawa and preventing her death now will cause a tremendous amount of change."]

Rimuru was stunned at this information. Of course it would! How was he such an idiot?!

[" There are ways to prevent as much change as possible, however."] Ciel continued.

"Ciel... am I truly doing what is right? To protect those close to me, but to let those that are close to the ones I cherish die, just because it is necessary for the timeline... am I being hypocritical? Saving some because they are close and not saving others even though I can?"

["...Yes..."]

"To both questions?"

["...I am unsure, Master. You are being hypocritical...but is that a bad thing? Sorry for not being able to provide much more on this...these...philosophical questions...I am still wrapping my head around emotion..."]

"It's fine Ciel...you are still new to this more humane side...you are my partner, and I consider you the smartest person in this entire world. Don't worry if you do not know the answer. It's just... I don't want the answer "because the decision maker is you, that's why it's ok" to both questions. I was always told this by my subordinates and my family. Because I am me, that is why my decisions are ok, that's why my orders are not questioned... but...my decisions, in the end, led to their deaths. It's not something I can live with."

"Mister slime?" asked a voice.

Rimuru finally paid attention to those around him, they were looking at him curiously.

"Sorry... seems like I was daydreaming, my bad..."

Everything went back to normal, at least until Vesta showed up and started to mock him. The same situation played out, and Rimuru was forced into a jail cell again after Vesta got beat up. This infuriated Ciel once more, both because of the jail cell and Vesta being a jerk, and Rimuru was forced to give her head pats in the {Imaginary Space} via clone to calm her down. They now waited for the next day.

P.S. Veldora was denied head pats.

***********************************************************************************************

Rimuru was now heading back via Tempest Wolves, running as fast as possible. The dwarves accompanying him; Kaijin, Dord, Garm and Myrd, had already passed out long ago due to the Tempest Wolves' speed. They were almost back at the goblin village.

Rimuru sighed.

"Going to court is such a pain..." he thought. "Also, Gazel hasn't changed a bit...but he was much scarier last time..."

["Answer: It is because Master was simply a Unique Monster at the time, but now, Master is superior in every way possible."]

"I know Ciel. Thanks for the info."

Now heading back, Rimuru started to make plans for Shizue, whose death he would not accept, unless, of course, she wished for it.

***********************************************************************************************

"Anrietta, keep an eye on that slime at all times. I want daily reports if possible."

"Understood, my King."

Gazel Dwargo, the current King of the Armed Nation of Dwargon, was standing on one of the many cliffs that made up the exterior of Dwargon. He had just ordered Anrietta, the head of the intelligence agency, to make sure that the slime known as Rimuru (whose name he learned from Kaijin) was watched at all times, if possible.

Once he was alone, Gazel shuddered.

"Even with my Unique Skill {Dictator}...I could not read the mind of that slime. In fact, the moment I tried, I felt a cold gaze on my back, as if he knew what I was trying to do... that is no normal slime..."

Gazel looked towards the sky.

"There will be great change happening in this world soon. I can only hope that we survive it unscathed."