Shizue Izawa Part 2

Shizue was currently standing at the same cliff as before, looking out towards the sunset. Perhaps it reminded her of the other world, but Rimuru never got to learn why she always stared out into the sunset in the last timeline, so he wouldn't know. He bounced up to her, and asked her if she had some time to talk.

Shizue nodded in return. However, she then spoke before he had a chance to say anything.

"That line... that was from a video game right?"

Rimuru smirked.

"Yup!" he answered.

Shizue then bent down to pick him up. She wrapped her arms around him and held him closely to her chest.

"I never played it, but I heard about it from someone else who is from my country."

"Well, it was the rage at one point in time... not anymore..."

Shizue stifled a laugh, before asking Rimuru a question.

"Are you from Japan as well?"

Rimuru nodded to confirm what she had asked.

"I see...I'm glad I met you." said Shizue. She then continued with another question. "How did you come to this world?"

"Well. I was stabbed, got killed saving a friend, before being reincarnated here as a slime. It's a very long story."

"A very long one indeed. After that reincarnation, I met Veldora...created a nation... and then lost everything. At this point, I am centuries old, I lost track of time while I was mourning in the other timeline..."

"That's horrible..." said Shizue. "I can't imagine dying like that."

"It's fine...after all, I protected them, and I made new companions here." answered Rimuru.

"So you were reincarnated...it must have been very difficult for you, Rimuru."

"Yea, it was tough at first, but as I made more companions, the pain dissipated. No point wishing that I never died."

"Hold on, why did she call me Rimuru, and not Mr. Slime?"

["It is because you hold yourself differently, Master. You give the aura that causes people to respect you, even if you hide your entire aura. Also, you are not as childish, so perhaps Shizue responded in kind."]

"Mr Rimuru?" asked Shizue, shaking Rimuru away from his thoughts.

"Sorry... I blank out a lot...speaking of which, was it difficult for you when you travelled to this world?"

Shizue frowned. Her face said it all. She had suffered tremendously at the hands of Leon. Then again, it was also all a misunderstanding, as Ifrit never took the time to bond with her.

"Yes. I'm what you would call a summon...and it's been a while since I was summoned..."

Rimuru did not want to remind Shizue of her painful memories...but it had to be done, in order for him to show her what happened to Japan after she left.

"Can you tell me what you remember?" asked Rimuru. "When you were summoned?"

"There was fire...the town that I lived in was burning. And there were bombs falling from the sky..."

"World War Two then..."

"I beg your pardon?" asked Shizue.

"Those were air raids on the Japanese mainland, during what would later be known as WW2. Sorry for interrupting..."