Reunition?

It has been two long years since I last saw Zuko. He was banished from his home from the will of his father after something that happened in a war meeting. Since then, I have trained by myself or with Azula, which wasn't that fun. I have to admit, I was a great fire bender, but I hated it. Fire only causes destruction, it's not as special as earth bending or water bending. My bones ached a lot from the training, but that was almost gone now.

Around a month ago I got away from the Fire Nation and I went looking for Zuko. I've known his since we were eight, and from that day we barely left each other's sides. I've been lonely for the last two years, I lost both of my parents to the war and the only home I had was the training temple. I lost both of my parents not long after meeting Zuko, I was around 13 so I could fend for myself.

I knew Zuko would be different, it was two years since I last saw him, he is bound to have more traits, it might take some time to get used to all that and go back to the way things used to be.

But I have been walking in a desert, for the spirits know how long and I've ran out of water. I soon came to a rocky mountain and I still had no water. Boy it would be nice to know water bending right now. It was getting dark so I made a campfire and watched that for a while until I grew tired and went to sleep.

When I awoke, my throat was begging for water. I ignored it and got up, packing up the few items I had and continuing my quest to find Zuko. I went walking for a few hours, it was around noon now and there wasn't a town or any water in sight, just the sky and rocks.

My stomach growled, great I'm hungry as well. I didn't make it 4 more steps until I fell down, scraping my hands and knees. My arms shook as I tried to get up, but I failed. I rolled myself over and my eyes fluttered closed as the sun beamed down on me.

~timeskip~

I could smell a campfire and I was warm, my throat wasn't itching for water anymore. I slowly opened my eyes, it was night but the fire gave off a light. I could see three people in the distant.

Did they kidnapped me? No, I was warm and they looked to be quite young.

I rose from my spot and carefully walked over to them. They didn't notice me yet, I was in arms reach from them now.

"Um.. excuse me?" I say

One of them jumps in the air and falls to the ground in fright, the other two look at me with kind faces. Two boys and a girl, looking around the ages of 16 to 12.

"Hello! Did you have a nice nap?" One of the boys ask, he looked to be the youngest.

"Ur.... Yeah sure, did you...have you -who are you?" I ask, unsure of the right words.

"I'm Aang and this is Katara and this is Sokka" The younger boy says, pointing to the other two.

"Hi, nice to meet you" The girl, Katara, says giving me a warm smile.

"Hey" Sokka says, waving.

"Hi I'm Naoki, um...what happen?" I ask, last time I check I was on the ground in the sun.

"Oh, we found you lying on the ground unconscious, so we helped you out" Aang says.

"You were pretty dehydrated" Katara says, handing me some water. "Would you like some?"

"No thank you, I'll be fine." I say, waving it down.

"Where are you from?" Sokka asks.

I cant tell them I'm from the Fire Nation, they look like they are from the Water Nation, they'll properly attack me or something and the boy... he has strange tattoos and clothes from a place I don't know. I will have to lie.