The 'death' of a prince

"Naoki, would you like to join me on a walk?" Iroh asks.

"No thanks, I'm going to Zuko's room to try and calm him" I say.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit" Iroh waves and walks off the ship.

I make my way to Zuko rooms, with the crew gone I thought it would have been quieter, but some noise was still hear, I ignored it and went to Zuko's room. He was lying on his bed, facing the ceiling.

"Hey" I say, coming into his room.

No answer

"Well, if you won't say anything I'm just going to lie on the floor" I lie down and the cold hard floor and wait for something.

The noise of a door opening was heard, but Iroh should have been long gone, I got up and so did Zuko, something was going on.

"Uncle?" Zuko calls outs

No answer.

We both walk around, watching our surrounding, ready to fight. We make our way to the top deck and loom around. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Suddenly a loud bang was heard from below and the sight of fire and explosions were seen.

"Um... Zuko" I say, taking a step back.

It was getting nearer and nearer, me and Zuko didn't have time to get out of the boat, we backed up to a wall, we were trapped. Seconds before the explosion hit us, Zuko wrapped me in a hug, covering my body from the explosion.

The explosion hit us, and we went lying out the glass. We hit water hard, but I was still conscious. I was about to swim up, but Zuko was sinking, I quickly went down and grabbed on to him and swan to the surface, gasping for air. I brought Zuko up as well, swimming him to the shore.

"Zuko! Wake up, come on!" I say, shaking him.

He groans a small bit and I sigh; he wasn't dead. His face was badly injured, other than the scar that was already there, his face was already forming bruises and cuts, I wouldn't doubt my face was almost the same, my lip tasted like blood and the side of my face felt like a bruise was there.

"You have to stop hurting your pretty face" I mumble, wiping some blood off him.

"Zuko! Naoki!" A voice calls out, it was Iroh.

"Iroh! Over here!" I yell, not moving from my spot.

I grabbed a piece of my Kimono and ripped it off, creating something like a bandage for Zuko, I patted his wounds and washed them with the water, taking some dirt off of his face. I cup his face with my hand and place my forehead against his.

"Thank you" I say, I could have been dead if he didn't protect me.

His hands slowly move up to mine and he takes one of them and hold it in his own. He gives me a thumbs up with his hand and I laugh a bit. I hear footsteps in the distance and Zuko's hands drop, Iroh comes in running.

"Oh thank you" Iroh says, placing his over his heart. "Is he okay? What happened to the boat?"

"It was bombed, I don't know who but I saw a green bird with an eye-patch" I say, not taking my eyes away from Zuko. "Zuko is fine, just sleeping"

"Come one, we need to get you two out of here" Iroh helps me pick up Zuko.

A/N

Yes,I know this chapter is short, but the next one is being posted in like 10 seconds so shut up about it, there wasn't anything else I could write here.