Warden

I was going to prison. Not long after Aang left, the Fire Nation soldiers out numbered and out matched us. With me being a fire bender, and Hakoda being the leader the Fire Nation sent us to the boiling rock. Real nice wasn't it.

Me and Hakoda talked about how we would try to escape on the tram thing that took us over the steam, but nothing came to mind.

"Hey! You two, get off!" A soldier called out as he saw us behind everyone else.

I sighed and walked out behind Hakoda, chains on my wrists and in baggy deep red clothes, that only fit together thanks to the rope that tied around my waist.

The guards made us walk to a platform and some leader guy started to speak.

"Every rumor you've heard about this place doesn't have to be true as long as you follow my orders. Look at me in the eyes" The man said to Hakoda, who continued to look at the ground. "Aww, you like my shoes, here have a closer look!"

The man somehow lifted his leg up and made Hakoda fall to the ground, thanks to the chains. I glared at the man, but was careful about my movements.

"We are prepared for everything you throw at us" The man said.

I started laughing, and I lightly threw my head back, before tilting my head and looking at the man as I head butted his nose. I swear I heard a snicker from one of the guards.

"Was your bitch ass prepared for that?" I laugh as two guards kick my knees and make me kneel on the ground.

The man's nose was bleeding and he looked down at me with rage as he grabbed my hair and punched me in the face. I felt blood drip down my nose, did he want us to be twins or something?

"Follow my orders and nothing bad will happe-" The man fell down thanks to Hakoda tripping him, which made me crack a grin and laugh.

"Are you okay sir?" A guard helps the man up.

"I'm fine, get them out of my sight!" The man yelled as he stomped away.

As the guards push us down to the court yard and take off out chains, I whisper to Hakoda. "Nice one"

He smiles to me, but that disappears as he look at the courtyard. A few people were arguing but were being careful not to make a scene.

"We gotta get outta here" I say, looking around.

A whistle blows and someone yells over the top of the noise. "Get back in your cells!"

People start to sigh, but they follow the orders, I walk with them unsure of what to do but guards push us into cells. They lock the door behind me. The bed was dingy and the walls smelt like a worse version of Appa's droppings.

Suddenly as I lie back in my bed, the cell door opens and a guard walks in, he looked younger, a year younger than me maybe.

"Whatever it was, I didn't do it" I say, not even looking at he person fully. "I didn't hide your keys, or steal your food, or start a prison riot"

"Knowing you, there's a 50/50 chance you actually did do all those thing" the guard said, sounding too familiar.

I sit up in my bed facing the guard, with my eyes squinted as if I know him. Something about him seemed familiar, too familiar.

"What, you don't recognised me?" The guard takes off his helmet and it was revealed to be Sokka.

"So-" I was about to yell his name, but I would cause attention. "Sokka what the hell are you doing here?"

"I thought my dad would be here, so I came here with Zuko and I found you-" Sokka began to rabbled off but I cut him off.

"Zuko? You came here with Zuko?" I say, flashbacks of the last time I saw Zuko come to mind.

"yeah, he is on our side now! Also I found Suki here too, you don't know her, but she's well...kinda my girlfriend" Sokka blushes a bit.

"oo~ Sokka, ladies man hey?" I joke, making him go redder.

"Anyways, I made a plan with my dad and we are escaping tomorrow, met us in the courtyard" Sokka looks outside my cells door before leaving.

I sigh as he leaves, was Zuko here? Did he know I was here? God, I have so many questions. I pushed all my questions aside and tried to fall asleep.

The next morning, I went to go to the courtyard but the place was on lockdown which was just great. Not even 3 minutes later, the doors opened up and we all went to the courtyard. I saw Sokka and Hakoda there, with a girl. I walked over to them, I noticed Zuko wasn't here but I didn't know how to feel. Relieved or scared?

"Hey you!" a voice calls out "You're lucky I didn't rat you out, but my generosity comes with a price. I know your planning another escape and I want in"

Sokka tilts his head. "Actually, we're trying to escape right now, but we need a riot, you wouldn't know how to start one, would you?"

"A prison riot? Please!" The man grabs the nearest prisoner, lifts in the air and bounces him up and down. "Riot!"

Immediately, a riot begins. The prisoners fight and yell, throwing each other around, serval blast of fire go off.

Hakoda looks shocked and blinks a few times before saying "Impressive"

During the chaos of the riot, Zuko appears and I look to the ground.

"Zuko! Good, we're all here" Sokka announces "Now, all we need to do is grab the warden and get to the gondolas"

"How are we going to do that?"

As they go over the possibilities, I look to the girl who must be Suki, Sokka girlfriend. That must have been the girl Azula was talking about, the Kyoshi Warrior. I smirked as I looked at her.

"Would you care to join me on a run?" I say, pointing to the Warden and then the prisoners.

She smirks back at me and nods "I would love to".

I made a run for one of the guards as Suki goes to another one. I jump on the top of them and I start running on the heads of the prisoners, watching foot steps and trying to keep and eye on the warden. I jumped off one of the prisoners heads and reached for a railing hanging down from the ceiling, I use that to swing myself backwards, and I use another railing for my feet as I swing myself upwards and on to the platform the warden was on.

Knocking out some guards and throwing some into the riot, Suki had managed to take down the warden putting him in a hostage situation.

"Sorry Warden, your our prisoner now" Suki grins as everyone else makes it to where we are now.

Once the group makes it to the gondolas, another challenge appears. What fun this will be.

"Why is it every time we might be getting somewhere, she appears?" I ask, pointing to Azula.

"I don't know, we have to fight them off, we don't have another choice" Sokka says as he climbs to the top of the gondolas.

I go with him and Zuko follows. We met Azula and Tylee ready to fight.

"Running away with the Water Tribe peasant? I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Zuzu" Azula spits.

I get into a stance and get ready to fight them. Without hesitation, Azula blast fire at us, but I dodge quickly. It was all a blur of a fight. Me fighting with Sokka and Zuko while also trying not to fall to my death.

Suddenly, I hear someone say that there about to cut the line. Azula looks to her left and smirks. "Looks like its time to leave!"

She and Tylee jump to another gondolas. We watch her go down as some guards begin to cut the line.

"Let's hope this thing floats" Hakoda says solemnly

Before the line is cut, a fight starts to go down between some guards and someone who looks to be Mei. She was fighting the guards and letting us get away?

"whose that?" Sokka asks, looking down at the fight.

"It's Mei" Zuko and I say at the same time.

The gondolas keeps on moving, I went back into the gondolas to keep myself from accidently falling to my death.

🎉 You've finished reading ᴀ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ | ᴢᴜᴋᴏ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ | ᴀᴠᴀᴛᴀʀ: ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴀɪʀʙᴇɴᴅᴇʀ 🎉