New beginnings

"Kiss me" I say

"What?" Zuko says as he blushes and backs up a little bit.

"They won't think it was us and they would most likely get uncomfortable and go away, listen, do you have a better plan?" I say.

"...No" Zuko says

"So kiss me"

He leans in and kisses me, it was more or less a barely touching long lasting peck on the lips than a kiss, it needed to be more real. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. He deepened into the kiss, pushing my hips up against the wall, but being careful to be gentle. His hands cup my face and my hands run through his hair. Our tongues were battling for victory as the kiss went on longer. I parted for a second to catch my breath, but Zuko immediately kissed me again when my lips left his.

His lips were warm and fitted mine like a puzzle piece. It felt like fireworks were going off in my mind. I melted into the kiss and I didn't care when I heard footsteps coming our way, I wanted to kiss Zuko. I wanted Zuko.

I heard awkward noise behind Zuko, but I continue kissing him, the footsteps leave and the kiss gets less passionate and eventually stops. Butterflies stampede in my stomach. As we both just look at each other.

"That was...nice" Zuko says, looking everywhere but my eyes.

"...yeah, it was...we should head back to the house" I say, Zuko nods and we walk back to the house, avoiding the Dai Lei.

When we get back to the house, Iroh was still asleep, we decided to do the same and get some rest.

~In dream~

"Zuko! Dinner is ready!" I yell, Zuko comes around the corner, giving me a kiss on the lips and smelling the food.

"Smells great" Zuko says as he takes some.

"So, baby I've been thinking" I began, Zuko gives me a nod to tell me he is listening "How about we take thing further into our relationship?"

"Take things further as in..." Zuko gives me a look and I nod. "I'm up to it if your okay with it"

"I was going to say the same thing" I say, smiling to him. "I love you"

"I love you too" Zuko says, moving around the table and hugging me in a kiss.

~End of dream~

I woke up to a smile on my face. I was subconsciously twirling my hair in my finger. I smiled at the thought of my dream. It then hit me like a flying bison and I sat up in my bed, eyes wide and utterly confused.

Did I just dream...that I was with Zuko??

Why did I dream that? Why did I wake up to a smile on my face? Why did I like it? Was it because we kissed last night? Why in the name of Spirits did it feel right? Did I like...Zuko?

No, I couldn't he is my friends, my best friend. I don't like him in that way...right? Speaking of Zuko, where is he? And where is Iroh.

We didn't have a shift today, Iroh was getting ready to move to his own personal restaurant. But where were they? I saw a note on the kitchen counter top so I went over and looked at it.

Dear Naoki,

Zuko and I are having trouble right now, I have gone to talk to him about it. Don't worry about us. I have left some money next to the note for you, I know you only have one pair of clothes so have fun today!

With love, Iroh.

I looked next to the note, two gold pieces were sitting there, I silently thanked Iroh and took one gold piece, leaving the second for another time.