C.6

Matthew didn't know how he got to this point. The last time he asked someone out on a date, he got shut down faster than a PC that got its power supply removed. Now, though, he got enough courage to send a creative little program to his crush, Alexis. Luckily, she was smart enough to have deciphered it, and she met up with him at Rizal Park.

"Hey!" Matthew had tried his best to clean his face up, having taken a shower and applied kalamansi to his pimples a few hours before leaving. Alexis, on the other hand, looked as beautiful as ever despite her acne and braces. She seemed to stick out from the crowd of passers-by, especially with her gold-colored wire glasses.

"Hi!" Alexis walked up to him, and they awkwardly stood in front of each other for a bit. "I... got your message. Also, C code? Really?"

"Had to be extra-hidden," he explained. "Plus uh... I knew you'd get it anyways."

"Took me a while to get," she admitted. "Like, seriously. I almost missed it."

"At least you didn't," he said, smiling in such a friendly and handsome way. "Anyways, uh... whatchu wanna do?"

"Well..." Alexis had to calm her heart down for a split second. Think, Alexis, think. This boy is falling for you, he's nice, he's cute, he's clever... "The museum?"

"Alright." Matthew looked over to the museums in the distance. "Which one?"

"Well, what do you like?"

"Let's go with uh... history?" He shrugged. "Or are you more of an arts person?"

"History it is!" She took his hand instinctively, wishing to secure him for her own. "Let's go!"

"Ahhh!" He screamed so adorably! She dragged him off as he stumbled along, and so they went. Alexis just knew that this was her chance at something real.