C.9

She did it! She got him into her house! He was only visiting for a while, but they were getting close to the big moving day.

She made him coffee, they chatted for a bit, and then they went on to play some video games together. It was so wonderful! His laughter and timid demeanour was so charming, better than the last one that just used her. She could feel every bit of honesty in his voice whenever he killed her in the game and said "Sorry sorry!"

They went through a few rounds together, and after that, she let him rest as she went to cook them some food. It was nearing lunch, and Alexis was going to make him a special meal.

As Matthew was working on editing his latest audio project for work, he was sending a few more messages to Joceline on another tab on his laptop.

Joceline Grace [12:19 PM]:

you enjoying your time there?

Matthew Santiago [12:21 PM]:

Yep. And you?

Joceline Grace [12:21 PM]:

good. just got a new painting done.

Matthew Santiago [12:24 PM]:

Alrighty. Show me later?

Joceline Grace [12:24 PM]:

yep! and how's your date :)

Matthew Santiago [12:25 PM]

It's not a date, it's just a visit!

Joceline Grace [12:25 PM]:

sure sure.

you enjoying it there though?

Matthew Santiago [12:25 PM]:

No, I hate it here!

I'm only having the time of my life and all that!

Joceline Grace [12:25 PM]:

oh dang, sorry to hear.

want me to save you?

Matthew Santiago [12:26 PM]:

Nah. I'm a masochist. I love the pain hehehe.

But yeah, the food's almost done. Gonna go now.

Seeya!

Joceline Grace [12:26 PM]:

shes cooking food for you? damn

alright seeya~

Matthew Santiago [12:26 PM]:

:3

Seen by Joceline Grace.

Alexis managed to sneak a quick peck onto Matthew's cheek as she served him his food. It was a recipe for success, because the sudden action left Matthew perplexed by both the savory smell of her adobo chicken, and the sweet taste of strawberry on his cheek. "Enjoy your meal!"

Matthew had to process what just happened. Never was he ever kissed by anyone, not that he remembered... Well, there's always a first for anything. "Thanks..." he said, mesmerized.

He ate in relative peace, looking up at Alexis every now and then as she sat across the coffee table, eating her adobo carefully. They spent a while just looking at each other, both equally enamoured by the other. When Matthew finished, he quickly set his plate down and said, "I'm going to wash the dishes. Most I can do."

"Awww, thank you!" She watched as he went off to the kitchen, which was somewhat isolated from the living room they ate in. There was his laptop, open and available...

She quickly snuck over to his laptop, checking out the project he was doing. It was a bunch of waves and stuff that she didn't want to mess with, so she alt-tabbed around. That was when she found the messages from some girl named Joceline Grace... Who the fuck was this?

She quickly skimmed through the messages, seeing that he had... concerning conversations with this Joceline girl. Surely it was all play talk? No way was her sweetie so disturbing. Then again, maybe he was? She could get used to that, surely.

Then she saw the message that dug into her mind. It was from last night.

Matthew Santiago [08:19 PM]:

Gonna be late. You should sleep now.

Like, n o w .

Joceline Grace [08:19 PM]:

jeez you dont have to tell me.

alright. good night!

Matthew Santiago [08:19 PM]:

G'night!

Joceline Grace [08:19 PM]:

sweet dreams~

Matthew Santiago [08:19 PM]:

You too! :3

Seen by Joceline Grace.

Sweet. Dreams?

That disturbed Alexis. This Joceline was saying sweet dreams to her lovey-dovey Matthew? He was hers! This only meant that she had to double down on her efforts to secure him.

She quickly scrolled the messages back to the start, then alt-tabbed back to the weird waves as she went across the coffee table again. Matthew came back shortly after, and Alexis smiled as she handed him her plate. "Thanks again!"

"Any time." He snickered as he took the plate to the kitchen, now washing it off. As she sat there, she brooded her thoughts on what she could do to get rid of this Joceline girl.