C.12

"That's kind of hot."

"I'm not joking, Matt!" Joceline rubbed her eye out with frustration, trying to compose her thoughts as she ate into a cookie. "She's crazy, like, actually crazy!"

"I know," he admitted. "She's been making these advances and all that shit. Reminds me of myself in highschool."

"What?"

Matthew let a laugh out as he wiped the crumbs off his mouth. "Seriously. This is some yandere levels of obsessed love. Kind of sweet, but, very concerning. She thinks you're my girlfriend or something?"

"That I like you." She sighed, shaking her head. "I'm an ace! Plus, who would want to be your girlfriend?"

"Thanks for the confidence boost," murmured Matthew as he ate another cookie. "Sadly, the one person that does want to be my girlfriend is a psychopath or something, apparently. And I was starting to like her..."

"Yeah." Joceline looked outside of the window, watching the daylight outside dying through the blinds. "You really think she's serious about that threat?"

"Probably not." Matthew shrugged, also looking at the last bits of sun. "She's a softie normally. Very shy and shit. But if she grabbed you... Yeah, I can't say for sure."

"Right..." That was when the light from the blinds was blocked suddenly, and a singular eye peered through the window. "What the fuck?"

The eye widened, and it disappeared as Matthew quickly got up. He ran to the door and looked outside as footsteps clamoured in the walkway. When he kept looking out the doorway, Joceline got up to check with him.

"Was that...?"

Matthew nodded. "She was wearing a hoodie, but that was definitely her. Who else would it be?"

"Holy fuck..." Joceline sat back down onto the couch, trying to process what this meant. "You mean she's...?"

"Serious? Yeah." Matthew closed the door behind him. "I'm going to tell the campus about this, or somebody, police maybe. No way am I letting you get murdered."

"How sweet," she said sourly, trying to calm herself down from the potential of being some psycho girl's victim. "And if something happens to you?"

Matthew looked at Joceline, trying to smile out his reassurance to her. "I've been through worse. What can go wrong?"