C.13

Well, for starters, Matthew not coming home when it was night could be something that goes wrong. Joceline was told that he would handle it the next day, and after their courses, Matthew had gone to tell the authorities about Alexis. He didn't text Joceline anything, so Joceline had sent him a message out of concern.

Joceline Grace [6:59 PM]:

hey?

While she was waiting for a reply, Joceline had gotten more and more paranoid with the passing minutes. This wasn't his first time disappearing on her, but then again, those times were mostly because he was hanging out with Alexis.

If he wasn't here by 7:20, then she was calling the police. He most likely got himself kidnapped or something, and Joceline could only imagine all the poor things someone like Alexis would be doing to him.

To take her mind off of it, she tried to do some more painting, with some classical music playing from her phone. Sadly, her mind was not getting taken off of it, and every thought concluded with a worry for Matthew. No way could he handle himself if he had difficulty with balancing on a stool.

That was when the knock came on the door. Joceline let a breath of relief out, setting her laptop aside as she went for the door. "Matt, what the hell—"

As she opened the door, hands shoved into her shoulders and slammed her right into the couch, Alexis walking into the apartment and kicking the door closed behind her. "YOU," she growled, sunken hatred flashing under her hoodie.

"Alexis?!" Fuck, it was happening! Joyce tried to look around for anything to defend herself with. Sadly, Alexis had slammed her knee into Joceline's stomach before she could even think, and pain took her over.

Hands gripped onto Joceline's neck, with thumbs pressing down onto her throat, and her oxygen cut off abruptly. With the whole world thinning out and her body struggling to get free, she could barely hear Alexis muttering. "You turned him against me... you made me do this! He was mine, MINE! And you just couldn't get that! What does he even want with you? WHY DO YOU WANT TO TAKE HIM FOR YOURSELF?!"

"I'm... an... ace!" she choked, managing to ram her knee into Alexis' crotch, causing her to stumble back and let go. Joceline took the longest breath of her life, swearing to never smoke or pollute the air ever.

"What the fuck does that mean? You think you're better than me?!" Alexis growled, her eyes flashing to the side and into the kitchen. That was when Joceline realized what Alexis saw.

Joceline shot up to try and stop Alexis, but Alexis had slammed her elbow into Joceline's face, sending her crashing into the floor. Something sharp stabbed into her back, causing her to shout in a burst of agony.

The next thing she saw was Alexis standing over her, a kitchen knife shining in her hand. "I'll show you who's the better one. Hint, it isn't you."

Joceline didn't know what to do, but instinct told her to fight back. She swung her feet into Alexis' legs, and that managed to surprise her and make her fall to the floor, with the knife falling out of her hand. Joceline tried to stand up and grab the knife, but she wouldn't make it. Alexis was already on her knees. She had to get out, and fast, call for help...

She tried to open the door, but Alexis latched onto her shoulders and pulled her back. She tried to fight back, but Alexis was surprisingly stronger than her, and she got slammed into the wall again. Alexis grabbed Joceline by the back of the head, and then slammed her face into the wall, disorienting her madly.

She fell to the floor again, pain throbbing all over her, her mind unable to think clearly. She could only process that she was picked up by the hair, causing her whole scalp to explode in pain. She was being dragged somewhere, somewhere...