Starting From Scratch

Y/N POV

*beep beep beep beep*

I hear the alarm slowly fading in as I wake. Still feeling tired and drained of energy, I flip myself over so I can reach my phone that's charging on my nightstand.

5:30 am... I doubt I'll be able to go back to sleep, I might as well shower and eat breakfast.

It was a cold night so I could use a hot shower to wake myself up.

(You shower)

Ok, since we're going to be moving around a lot, I guess I should wear (workout outfit of your choice). After changing, I grab my phone, some money for food, and walk out the door. The sun isn't out yet, so it was still fairly dark outside.

"Damn, why'd I set my alarm so goddamn early??" I complain to myself, slouching over as I walk to the cafeteria.

When I turn the corner, I notice that someone was already eating at a table. How exciting! Maybe this was my chance at making a friend here.

I start walking faster, hoping to make out the figure. To my disappointment, it was Nanami. He is sitting by himself eating breakfast.

"Of course," I sigh loud enough so he could hear me, a disappointed look on my face. He knew it was directed at him.

I have no intentions of making up with that guy. So what if he's my coworker, he still hasn't apologized for burning me with his coffee. That shit hurt.

I sat at a table far away from him and ate my breakfast. Man this shit is good... I guess this is one of the perks of living here.

There's a bit of noise going on behind me, but I ignore it and continue eating. Next thing I know, a tall figure is walking around my table and sits in the chair in front of me.

"Y/n"

I look up and see Nanami. He moved all the way from his table to mine. How annoying.

"What do you want? Can't you see I'm eating? Seriously, why did you want to train at such an early hour. We have all weekend."

All this complaining is getting to Nanami. Good, it better. Maybe he'll request a different partner.

"Y/n, I need to let you know now that this job is a pain in my ass. I don't want to be here, you probably don't want to be here. I'm just here for the money. Life revolves around money, you know, but I'd rather be doing this than work in a crummy office. I don't care if we get along, but please understand that in order for us to get the job done, we need to not dread each other's presence. Could we agree to disagree and just cooperate? You can dispise me for all I care, just do your best on the field and don't get in the way."

"Is that really all you came over here to say?" I say putting my chopsticks down. "Not even an 'I'm sorry' for spilling your drink on my favorite top?" I may sound like a petty bitch right now, but I don't care. This guy needs to learn not everything will be handed to him. "Sorry man, but I won't be working with you until I at least get an apology. And, unlike you, I actually really care about this job. My goal is to save people and make this hell we live in a better place. That's all there is to it."

"Tch. Why should I apologize? You're the one who bumped into me."

"... I knew you wouldn't do it." I say, standing up from my chair and start walking towards the dirty dishes. "You're too stuck up, that's your problem."

"Please, don't talk as if you're free of problems. You obviously have issues holding in your anger. That's going to be a problem on the job." He says with a huff.