Shampoo

The two spend that evening enjoying their udon, drinking beers, and talking about life. By the end of it, y/n was full and exhausted.

"Man... that was so much fun," says y/n as she puts down her last beer and sits back in her seat. "All that food made me so tired...."

"Rightfully so... warm foods tend to do that. I am also tired."

"Could we quickly stop by a beauty shop to pick up some shampoo? I don't really like the one they have at the hotel."

"Sure."

The time comes to pay for the meal; Nanami pays, of course, no matter how much you protest. Afterwards, you both walk to the nearby beauty store and walk to the shampoo aisle. Y/n squats down and looks at the different options.

"Hmm, this is though... I haven't used any of these brands," she says while reading the ingredients on the bottles. She gets up from her squatting position and gets closer to the racks, continuing to grab bottles and look at the ingredients.

"I recommend this one..."

Nanami gets a little closer behind her and looks at the shampoos above her reach. Y/n feels a hand on her shoulder and a figure closing in against her back. She takes a deep breath and thinks nothing of it. He grabs a shampoo with natural and safe ingredients that was made for her hair type and brings it down in front of her. She takes the bottle and looks over it. To her surprise, it looks like a really good shampoo. She tilts her head back and looks up at him. She wasn't aware of how close he was, so her head ends up bumping into his chest.

"Gah! Sorry about that," she says as she turns around and smooths his shirt down frantically.

He chuckles lightly as he looks over her worried expression.

"Don't apologize, y/n. I didn't realize how close I was."

She looks up at him warmly and back down at the shampoo.

"This shampoo actually sounds very good... I didn't take you for a hair-care person," she says teasingly.

He shrugs and says, "hey, I may not be too open about it, but I take care of myself. I use nothing but the best for my appearance."

She looks him up and down and approvingly nods her head.

"In that case, I might have to borrow some of your products," she giggles. She looks down at the bottle and looks for the price tag. Her eyes pop out of her head when she sees how much it is. "Absolutely not, I can't afford this," she whispers. She reaches up and tries to put it back in the same spot Nanami got it from, but she can't exactly reach it.

Nanami stands close behind her once more and takes the bottle from her. "Don't worry about it. I'll get it for you. And the conditioner to go with it."

"That is not happening. Do you see how much this is? It's not worth it," she sighs.

Nanami looks at the bottle and slowly looks back at her. He takes a deep sigh, a small tint of red growing on his cheeks as he prepares himself for what he's about to say.

"All I see," he starts, slowly cupping a hand on her cheek, "is someone who is definitely worth spending some money on so she can feel her best," he says, looking down at her dearly.

Y/n eyes widen a bit and her cheeks also begin growing a deep hue of red. "Um..." She tries to say something, but is at a loss for words. She can't help but smile and look away for a moment.

Y/n sighs and places her hand on the hand he has on her cheek. "Nanami..." She snaps out of it and remembers what they talked about in the restaurant. Her hand quickly retracts and she playfully punches his arm. "Listen, if you insist on buying me that, I won't stop you. Thank you," she says with a warm smile. "You're a great friend."

He sighs and smiles, "Yes. I want to make sure my dear friend feels as beautiful as she actually is."

"You better stop it with that," she giggles, "I don't hear you calling your other friends beautiful. I'm sure Gojo would appreciate hearing that once in a while."

"No. Imagine how much it would boost his ego, especially if it's coming from me. He'd probably go into shock if he heard such a thing coming from me."

She giggles, "yeah, you're probably right."