On Our Way

Y/N POV
A month has passed by since the whole fever incident and nothing too notable has happened since then. In the span of that one month, we've completed about 8 missions and succeeded in all of them. We practice improving our powers on the weekends and once in a while grab something at that cafe we would have gone to that day if we didn't have that fight. Do not be mistaken, we still have plenty of fights but in the end get along relatively better than how we did when we first met.

"Hey, y/n, did you get the email from headmaster?" he asks me. We're finishing up our training for the day.

"The one about that big mission assigned for the two of us? Yeah, what do you think about it?"

"As long as the trip is paid for, I'm fine with traveling." He says as he pats his towel on his face to get rid of the sweat. We've been working really hard recently to figure out ways to make the most out of our cursed techniques.

"Same here, I hope we're put in a really fancy hotel!" I say, flowers floating around me due to excitement. I've never traveled anywhere too far, so I couldn't wait to see where we would be stationed.

As we are packing up, Yaga Masamichi came up to us.
"Y/n, Nanami, I hope you two have had a pleasant evening so far. Have you considered the mission emailed to you two?"

"I'd be up for it! How about you, Nanami?" I asked, turning my head in his direction.

"As long as it's paid for, I'm fine with whatever."

"Great. Here are your tickets, your plane leaves at 10 pm." He says as he hands us both a plane ticket.

"Hold on a second, fly?? Where are we going??"

"Correct, you will both be flying up north for your special mission. We've had a few reports about people being attacked in their dreams, and we figured you'd be a good fit for the job since your technique is fairly similar to this curse."

"I see... well then why is Nanami coming?" I ask in a joking matter, hoping he didn't take it the wrong way.

"Hmph, to make sure nothing goes wrong, obviously." He says, handing me my towel.

"Yeah, okay," I say, smiling up at him then look back at the principal.

"Ok then, everything has been arranged and the two of you will be transported up north. This mission should last around a week, but let us know if you need more time."

"We will, thank you!"

Yaga Masamichi walks away and I turn back to Nanami who is already headed back towards the dormitories. I quickly grab my stuff and catch up with him.

"Hey what's the big rush?"

"Big rush? We have to be out of here with enough luggage to last us a week by 8 pm. We need to start packing."

I didn't realize it until now, we're going to be going on a week-long trip to take down this curse.

"Oh my gosh, you're right! Ok, I'll be busy packing then. I'll meet you at the front gate! And please... don't overpack, you seem like the type who takes their entire room with them."

"I do not. I only take the essentials. And yes, I'll see you at the gate around 8. Don't be late."

Before I could say anything, he walks into his room. If we have to be there by 8 to get through security, that only gives us around 2 hours to pack. I really wish the location was specified so I know what type of weather to prepare for. Oh well, I'll try to pack as light as I can.

(2 hours pass)

I end up packing a few shirts, a couple of jeans, a coat, a bathing suit in case there was a pool, and one other pair of shoes. That should be enough for a week. It all fits into a carry-on bag so I won't have to carry too much.
I double-check that I have everything and walk out my door. Just as I walk out the door, I see Nanami with at least 4 suitcases.